#1 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:29 AM

I, for one, am not surprised ....

Although President Obama has vowed that citizens will be able to track "every dime" of the $787 billion stimulus bill, a government website dedicated to the spending won't have details on contracts and grants until October and may not be complete until next spring — halfway through the program, administration officials said.

Recovery.gov now lists programs being funded by the stimulus money, but provides no details on who received the grants and contracts. Agencies won't report that data until Oct. 10, according to Earl Devaney, chairman of the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, which manages the website.

Devaney told a House subcommittee Tuesday that it will be a challenge to have the site ready to present spending data in five months. He said after the hearing that the board doesn't have enough data storage capacity, for example.

http://www.usatoday....-stimulus_N.htm

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,111 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

Evidently you are not familiar with the speed at which government works. I'm sure there will be plenty to harp about once the data comes online.

The idea was to get the money out ASAP, and that's being done, which is amazing in itself.

#3 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

Evidently you are not familiar with the speed at which government works. I'm sure there will be plenty to harp about once the data comes online.

The idea was to get the money out ASAP, and that's being done, which is amazing in itself.

The idea was to make a lot of promises to transparency, then blame the lack of transparency on the "speed" of government, or lack thereof ... oh, I get it.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,111 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:49 AM

I'm the one "blaming" it.

theres a ton of stuff at http://www.recovery.gov/ - was there ever a www.torture.gov ? Or a www.madeupexcusestoinvadeiraq.gov ?

So far, getting a lot better.

#5 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:27 AM

spend spend spend...don't worry about that transparency and accountability BS...that was just to get elected.

Change!

#6 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

spend spend spend...don't worry about that transparency and accountability BS...that was just to get elected.

Change!

That's the entire root of all of your arguments...

He won... get over it...

You do realize that Bush was in office when the whole bailout situation began, right?

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,111 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:33 PM

Hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!hes a rino!!!!!

#8 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

That's the entire root of all of your arguments...

He won... get over it...

You do realize that Bush was in office when the whole bailout situation began, right?

Talk to me in a year or two when you are spending seven bucks for a gallon of milk.

#9 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:48 PM

Talk to me in a year or two when you are spending seven bucks for a gallon of milk.

...and that's all Obama's fault right?

Thankfully, I can do just fine without milk... Now gas, I can see the validity of paying $5 a gallon.. :out:

Talk to me when it comes out that Obama has links to a big Dairy business in his background, and when his hands are obviously in the pockets of those who supply the world with milk...

#10 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:49 PM

...and that's all Obama's fault right?

Thankfully, I can do just fine without milk... Now gas, I can see the validity of paying $5 a gallon.. :out:

Talk to me when it comes out that Obama has links to a big Dairy business in his background, and when his hands are obviously in the pockets of those who supply the world with milk...

Actually, it is. Talk to me when you have figured out why.

#11 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 02:52 PM

Actually, it is. Talk to me when you have figured out why.

It's because he's a Muslim isn't it? Or is it a flag pin issue? Or is it because he's black?

It somehow always comes back to one of those...

#12 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:19 PM

It's because he's a Muslim isn't it? Or is it a flag pin issue? Or is it because he's black?

It somehow always comes back to one of those...

Read up on how much money we have printed since he came into office. Then look at the Jimmy Carter presidency to see what happens when you do that. The Obama theory is it's a necessary evil. We need another recession to help keep this from being a depression.

#13 Samuel L. Jackson

Samuel L. Jackson

Banned

• Banned
  • 7,407 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:25 PM

Obama doesn't run the Fed... Sorry.. nice try...

Unforutunately, he is, like most politicians (including Bush) at their mercy... That is what is wrong with this country...

But, do you not agree that abolishing the Fed at a time like this would be worse than the alternative?

What would you do if you were in his shoes?

#14 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

I, for one, am not surprised ....

http://www.usatoday....-stimulus_N.htm

Please see my thread on republican credibility, ponder how it applies to you.

lol

#15 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,079 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 03:45 PM

Please see my thread on republican credibility, ponder how it applies to you.

lol

not a republican, so it doesn't apply to me at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com