Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Deputies shoot, kill man after knocking on wrong door...

You can answer the door armed without pointing it at the officer, Publisher's Clearinghouse, Avon, or whoever.

Why would they knock but not announce themselves as cops? Thats a shady looking neighborhood too, irresponsible behavior by the police

the purpose of a no knock warrant is to prevent occupants from destroying evidence or arming themselves but if the police can't work at 100% address accuracy they should probably just stop doing it

while this doesn't fit the strict definition of "no knock," they apparently didn't really identify themselves so they still fuged up p hard

middle of the night, pounding on the door, unannounced...

all the homeowner's fault... :rolleyes:

'merica, fug yeah

"pounding on the door"

few posts later......"kicking the door down"

few posts later......"trying to burn him out"

maybe you know, but it seemed to indicate that the "knocked" on the door

"pounding on the door"

Ever had a cop knock on your door for a warrant service? I have...they don't just politely knock. It's a fuging BANG BANG BANG BANG. If you weren't doing anything that might make you expect cops to show up then grabbing a gun and going to the door is completely understandable.

You can answer the door armed without pointing it at the officer, Publisher's Clearinghouse, Avon, or whoever.

@ 1:30 AM?

"pounding on the door"

They "pounded" as quoted from another source... If you cared enough, you'd look deeper into what happened than the OP video too...

Try again...

Officers should be fired and brought up on charges, but they won't...

Ever said "who is it" and then fall asleep because you were totally drained? Tragic outcome that should have never hap.

Let me tell you, this happened to me when I lived in Oregon.

My wife and I lived in a 4 plex.

Fast asleep one night about 1AM (had to work the next day) and these fugers start pounding on my door like it personally offended them.

Since I'm upstairs in bed, I have no idea who is at my door.

It was so fuging loud that my dog ran and hid under the bed (some protection)

I grab my 45 and get downstairs as fast as possible, with the gun behind my back I look out the sidelight and see 2 cops with some crackhead looking bitch.

I open the door and politely tell them I will be right back, close the door and place the gun in the kitchen out of sight and come back for my interogation.

The ask me " you wanna tell us what happened in there tonight?"

Uh, wtf?

Finally I convince these 2 retards that I have never seen crackie before in my life, they finally consult her and she confirms it.

Couple of fuging geniuses, my guess was they were looking for someone in one of the other 3 units.

If I didn't look out the sidelight first that poo could have gone down just like the situation in this story, and no, not one fuging bit of it would have been my fault. I would have been protecting myself, my wife and my home.

This is a great example of why it is never a good idea to point a gun at anyone unless you intend to use it.

It is a little late for this gun owner, but for like minded individuals, here are a few simple, low cost ways to minimize the likelihood of this situation happening to you: Invest in a peep hole and ask who the hell it is, before opening the door.

FYI: if you live in a neighborhood where you legitimately feel the need to answer the door holding a gun, chances are you also stand a significantly greater chance of being visited by the police.

At 1:30 in the morning they would have been met by killer. They would shoot killer and I would return fire. Dead dog, dead cops, dead me.

This is nothing new. They pull this horse poo a lot. For fugs sake, one time is one to many. 50 years ago it was the white man oppressing blacks in this country. But in reality it was our government. They continue to this day their reign of terror but have moved on to any citizen who doesn't have the bankroll to fight the charges.

They say there's a thin blue line cops walk on that separates them from the "criminals". I can say that indeed that line is extremely thin and is crossed more times than most people want to admit.

It started when our police moved away from simply being peace officers and began being enforcers of law. That, accompanied with the militarization of police departments across the country, is a recipe for disaster that cooks and shows itself time and time again.

So what's going to happen to the cops who committed homicide? No charges I imagine. Sure, they will probably be forced to resign but big fuging deal.

Tarheel31 If I didn't look out the sidelight first that poo could have gone down just like the situation in this story, and no, not one fuging bit of it would have been my fault. I would have been protecting myself, my wife and my home.

Agree, but all you have to do is read the daily newspapers to see citizens being routinely shot/killed by police in situations that might have been dealt with in a less aggressive manner, that may have saved a life.

Polce departments, in my opinion, have become a lot more militant and trigger happy since 9/11.

For your sake and your family's, glad to read you were cautious that night. You can be completely in the right and still be dead.

The police would have likely justified the shooting and your family would have lost you forever.

Deputies were led to Scott's door at the Blueberry Hill II apartment complex off County Road 44 after spotting a nearby motorcycle that one of the suspects was believed to have used to escape from the scene of the beating. Deputies knocked on the nearest door but did not announce their presence because they felt it would have been more "tactically advantageous," Herrell said.

How did that work out for you, genius?

Ever had a cop knock on your door for a warrant service? I have...they don't just politely knock. It's a fuging BANG BANG BANG BANG.

In my "incident" the asshole was hitting my door with the butt end of his mag light.

Left a real nice dent in the steel door too.

He didn't give a poo becuase he THOUGHT there was a criminal inside.