Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Deputies shoot, kill man after knocking on wrong door...

First I've heard of it. I highly doubt any dept in nc has this sort of policy.

greensboro, high point, winston salem, and kernersville (triad area) have it instituted as policy. i dont know about the other cities in NC firsthand, or the counties, or the state's police academies (though i'm fairly certain the academy in salemberg has integrated it in training.)

greensboro, high point, winston salem, and kernersville (triad area) have it instituted as policy. i dont know about the other cities in NC firsthand, or the counties, or the state's police academies (though i'm fairly certain the academy in salemberg has integrated it in training.)

Poor policy IMO. The only time a firearm should be used is when deadly force is justified.

And the justice academy in salemburg is a poo hole.

Poor policy IMO. The only time a firearm should be used is when deadly force is justified.

And the justice academy in salemburg is a poo hole.

I agree. But my understanding (which I confess could be flawed) of the idea is that even when a situation arises that seems to require deadly force, in the moment of decision the officer should, if calculable, determine whether or not a shot to the extremities is possible, and if it will stop with non-lethal results to either party, then do it.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Flamingo58