PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

Interesting (and long) article about "fantasy" Cam

http://sports.espn.g...fldk2k12_newton

I have the fifth pick in one of my pay leagues and immediately locked onto Cam. But recently got sidetracked to reason and am considering sticking with previous philosophy of RB1 in round one.

The author winds up ranking Cam 22nd overall, and 5th QB taken. But last year, with standard scoring Cam tied for third overall with Brady. I fully expect the Panther offense to be nastier but those same additions could take fantasy numbers away from Cam and drive his value back to bottom of first round.

I'm trying to weight that same logic to the pure fun I had last year with Cam in two of my leagues after taking him with last pick in two drafts (out of 3).

It's going to be tough

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,954 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

It depends on the scoring of your league. If you're in a league that mainly rewards players for touchdowns then go with Cam. If you're in a league where your players can score double digits without having TD's then a RB may be better. I plan on trying to get Cam in the first round in my family league because our scoring is heavily favored to who gets the most TD's. However in my work league, and league with my friends I'm leaving more towards one of the top tier RB's because they use a standard scoring format....

#3 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Cam is a fantasy football wet dream. I think last yr was a clear indication of things to come. Yes he has a high floor now but his ceiling is a sky roof.

#4 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,486 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

I can't bring myself to get Cam. I love the guy but if he bombs and I picked him, I'd feel very responsible for that. Don't know why. Just would.

#5 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

I traded from 8 overall up to the guy who was holding the 3 overall spot in the draft earlier today. I gave up my second, he gave up a pick later in the draft.

I did this because I want to own Cam Newton.

#6 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 1,717 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

I think in my money leagues I can get Cam in round 2. But am I willing to bet not owning Cam on that?.....

#7 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

I traded from 8 overall up to the guy who was holding the 3 overall spot in the draft earlier today. I gave up my second, he gave up a pick later in the draft.

I did this because I want to own Cam Newton.

I'm sure you did...freak.

#8 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

I'm sure you did...freak.

You, who stalks my posts... quit being feeble minded and fug off

#9 Banjo

Banjo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Here's my strategy

#1-4 = Top 3 RB or Aaron Rodgers. Pray for Cam in the 2nd. Obviously, if I get Rodgers then no Cam for me.
#5 = Calvin Johnson. Pray for Cam in the 2nd
#6 = Ryan Mathews. Gotta do it, RBs are extremely shallow this year. Again, praying for Cam in the 2nd
#7-10. Here, I reach for Cam Newton. I hate everyone else in the first round, so I'll draft whoever in the 2nd. Maybe Trent Richardson since I'll need a good RB

I plan to play in at least three leagues, maybe more. so I'll definitely own Cam in one or two teams

#10 mjligon

mjligon

REAL TALK ----->

• HUDDLER
  • 2,926 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:29 AM

My sights are set on Cam this year. Was able to pick him up in the final round last year, and he carried my team weak in and weak out. He will be my first round pick if I am picking after #5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.