Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Penn State Get The Death Penalty?

67 posts in this topic

Posted

Also I just read the NCAA is considering waiving the scholarship limits on programs who take on PSU transfers. Would definitely cause a mass exodus I would think...

Posted

Current students and long time fans shouldn't have to suffer because of certain people's mistakes. I do think that they should fire anyone involved and absolutely destroy some certain people's legacy. I was very glad to see them take away Joe Paterno's statue. A statue should be erected for a hero, and a hero would have done something about the rape that was taking place.

Posted

Current students and long time fans shouldn't have to suffer because of certain people's mistakes. I do think that they should fire anyone involved and absolutely destroy some certain people's legacy. I was very glad to see them take away Joe Paterno's statue. A statue should be erected for a hero, and a hero would have done something about the rape that was taking place.

This kind of mentality was the problem.

Posted

The B1G is adding loss of bowl revenues for 4 years for PSU (roughly $13M/yr) over the next 4 years

Posted

Pretty much nothing honestly....

Posted

hard for the big ten to really do anything else at this point unless they want to kick psu out, which I do not think they really want to do.

Posted

They could have taken away television revenue to, but the punishment is severe enough with the 65 schollie roster limit....

Posted

Penn st. fans should want the death penalty, because of people like me who have never been a fan of thier program. I do not or have not ever recognized paterno as a legend because of victories won two three and four decades ago. So whenever someone mentions college football I naturally think of the Sec. Whenever someone mentions penn st football I think of assisted child rape. And I am sure I am not the only one. So the best thing to do is drop the program and start trying to wash away the stains left by thier beloved legendary petophiles.

Posted

Too harsh, but I don't care about Penn State that much so let's move on. Feel sorry for friends who invested all their emotions in that program from afar. The Sandusky thing was like getting run over by a steamroller. The NCAA just backed up over them and finished the job. They've lost their past, their near future, and the present don't look so good either, and all because of one child rapist and the friends who tried to protect him.

Just because I say that doesn't mean I don't feel for the victims, so don't go there. You can feel sorry for both, and obviously the victims went through a lot worse than having a favorite team's accomplishments erased by the NCAA.

If I was Penn State I would just shut it down at this point. Marshall's rebuilding job was nothing compared to this. Glad they took JoePa's wins away. Bet you you're going to hear the Bob Knights of the world complain that "a cheater like Bobby Bowden should be stripped of his too, then".

Posted

Then take all penalties out of college athletics.

Fans at Miami are suffering/going to suffer from the actions of a few players.

USC fans have had to deal with sanctions against their teams.

OSU fans are dealing with that now as well.

SMU fans had to endure a death penalty.

Sucks for the fans, but if you don't punish this, you can't punish anything ever again.

Posted

]

Then take all penalties out of college athletics.

Fans at Miami are suffering/going to suffer from the actions of a few players.

USC fans have had to deal with sanctions against their teams.

OSU fans are dealing with that now as well.

SMU fans had to endure a death penalty.

Sucks for the fans, but if you don't punish this, you can't punish anything ever again.

you definitely have a point. I think that people who actually did the crime should be punished though, not people who didn't have anything at all to do with the situation. I thought the same thing when the NCAA fuged over USC over Reggie Bush when probably 100% of the players effected didn't even play with Bush.