Photo
- - - - -

Should Penn State Get The Death Penalty?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

The worst part of the penalty is having to reduce total scholarship athletes on the roster by 20. USC is making things work with only 75, but depth is a huge concern at several positions this year. PSU only having 65 on the roster for four years is going to CRIPPLE that program. They don't have the allure of a USC, Alabama, LSU, Florida etc. PSU is DONE for a LONG, LONG time....

#32 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:29 AM

Joe Pa is now down to only having 295 wins.

Wow! That was harsh.

Was it really...in comparison?

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:33 AM

Was it really...in comparison?

No it wasn't. Penn St. is done for a while. 40 schollys over 4 years with a max of 65 on the team and a 4 year bowl ban will cripple that team for at least the next 10 years.

#34 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Wonder what the Big 10 punishment will be.

#35 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

Wonder what the Big 10 punishment will be.

They may lose their membership honestly. Not sure what could be added on other then that....

#36 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:53 AM

They may lose their membership honestly. Not sure what could be added on other then that....

They should just leave the big 10 and join a FCS conference for the next 4 years.

#37 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:59 AM

Also I just read the NCAA is considering waiving the scholarship limits on programs who take on PSU transfers. Would definitely cause a mass exodus I would think...

#38 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Current students and long time fans shouldn't have to suffer because of certain people's mistakes. I do think that they should fire anyone involved and absolutely destroy some certain people's legacy. I was very glad to see them take away Joe Paterno's statue. A statue should be erected for a hero, and a hero would have done something about the rape that was taking place.

#39 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,230 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:50 AM

Current students and long time fans shouldn't have to suffer because of certain people's mistakes. I do think that they should fire anyone involved and absolutely destroy some certain people's legacy. I was very glad to see them take away Joe Paterno's statue. A statue should be erected for a hero, and a hero would have done something about the rape that was taking place.

This kind of mentality was the problem.

#40 Boltergeist

Boltergeist

Unicorns! Show ponies! Where's the beef!?

• HUDDLER
  • 6,174 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

The B1G is adding loss of bowl revenues for 4 years for PSU (roughly $13M/yr) over the next 4 years

#41 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Pretty much nothing honestly....

#42 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,380 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

hard for the big ten to really do anything else at this point unless they want to kick psu out, which I do not think they really want to do.

#43 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

They could have taken away television revenue to, but the punishment is severe enough with the 65 schollie roster limit....

#44 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

Penn st. fans should want the death penalty, because of people like me who have never been a fan of thier program. I do not or have not ever recognized paterno as a legend because of victories won two three and four decades ago. So whenever someone mentions college football I naturally think of the Sec. Whenever someone mentions penn st football I think of assisted child rape. And I am sure I am not the only one. So the best thing to do is drop the program and start trying to wash away the stains left by thier beloved legendary petophiles.

#45 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:19 AM

Too harsh, but I don't care about Penn State that much so let's move on. Feel sorry for friends who invested all their emotions in that program from afar. The Sandusky thing was like getting run over by a steamroller. The NCAA just backed up over them and finished the job. They've lost their past, their near future, and the present don't look so good either, and all because of one child rapist and the friends who tried to protect him.

Just because I say that doesn't mean I don't feel for the victims, so don't go there. You can feel sorry for both, and obviously the victims went through a lot worse than having a favorite team's accomplishments erased by the NCAA.

If I was Penn State I would just shut it down at this point. Marshall's rebuilding job was nothing compared to this. Glad they took JoePa's wins away. Bet you you're going to hear the Bob Knights of the world complain that "a cheater like Bobby Bowden should be stripped of his too, then".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.