Photo
- - - - -

cast your votes, should we have let d-will walk last year

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

Poll: Should we have let D-will walk (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we have let Deangelo Williams leave via free agency last year?

1. yes (19 votes [15.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.20%

2. Voted no (106 votes [84.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.80%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,761 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

I did answer the question. Maybe you should learn to read.

lol

G'night.

#32 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

Do the math....project Stewart with a slighty better deal than Williams.

Also, with additional math factor in Tolbert and Cam's production on the ground.

Then look at what we are paying for vs the rest of the league

Who cares what the rest of the league is doing! The rest of the league don't have three 1st round LBs either...Hurney will do what he does...idk how,you don't know by now.

#33 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

If Stewart walks its because the Panthers didn't think he was a priority...not because D-lo got paid. Again there's enough money for a deal now. Then we'll have two top paid RBs and you'll get to whine about it for a few more years. Win/win for everyone.

If Stewart walks....it is bc Carolina can't afford to pay 2 RBs featured RB money to be part of a ground committee with Tolbert and Cam.

And again them having money now is irrelevant as Stewart refuses to discuss it....b\c his big shot at a huge payday comes when he proves to be the best overall RB in Carolina this season.

#34 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

I did answer the question. Maybe you should learn to read.

lol

G'night.

Nighty nite.

But tomorrow re-read your responses....all answered your own questions. Question was about IF Stewart walked and all your answers were about both them being paid.

#35 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

Who cares what the rest of the league is doing! The rest of the league don't have three 1st round LBs either...Hurney will do what he does...idk how,you don't know by now.

Oh I do know...which is why I started bitching about something Hurney would do after the 2012 season......last offseason. The Williams bitching is about what I am 90% certain Hurney will do long term. Hurney is going to be paying 2 featured RBs to clap for Newton during the 2013 season.

#36 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:41 PM

If Stewart walks....it is bc Carolina can't afford to pay 2 RBs featured RB money to be part of a ground committee with Tolbert and Cam.

They have the cap space to do it now, if they choose to do so. So how will they not be able to afford him after next season?

#37 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

3 1st round RBs can all be on the field at the same time...but Davis is done. Plenty of example of 2 1st round LBs sharing a field

#38 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oh I do know...which is why I started bitching about something Hurney would do after the 2012 season......last offseason. The Williams bitching is about what I am 90% certain Hurney will do long term. Hurney is going to be paying 2 featured RBs to clap for Newton during the 2013 season.

If you know it,accept it and move on. You'll be a lot happier.

#39 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

They have the cap space to do it now, if they choose to do so. So how will they not be able to afford him after next season?

Depends on your definition of can they afford it...

Do the math...give Stewart a better deal. Use last year as an example....how much production did they account for? How much are you paying for that? Then look at your massive roster and how much you are investing elsewhere...can they afford to devote that kind of cash/cap into 2 guys who aren't producing at the level worth the investment?

And again, Carolina can't choose to do it now...Stewart has said no dice.

#40 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,701 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:55 PM

Depends on your definition of can they afford it...

And again, Carolina can't choose to do it now...Stewart has said no dice.

I understand that. It was all hypothetical. They can carry over the money to the following season. There's no real reason to do it now...it would be better for everyone if they waited til after this coming season.

#41 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:00 PM

If you know it,accept it and move on. You'll be a lot happier.

You mean be apathetic?....sports are great entertainment bc you can emotional invest in something you have no control over. Take that out...and it would really not be the stress reliever and the breif escape from reality most of us use it for.

Agreeing is boring. Huddle wouldn't exist if everyone painted all scenarios as great. Our records are proof we havent done everything correct.....but guessing what is correct and trying to spin it as fact is half the fun.

#42 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Am I crazy or do I remember seeing Gantt say we could turn it into a 3 year deal with little penalty against the cap?

Does anyone know what he counted against the cap in 11? his base salaries mean nothing, just that 21 mil that was guaranteed is all that is relevant if we cut him. I would love to know how much of the guaranteed money has already hit the cap and how much is left. Can anyone find a full breakdown? (not roto worlds snap shot but rather a written in depth breakdown)

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

Am I crazy or do I remember seeing Gantt say we could turn it into a 3 year deal with little penalty against the cap?

Does anyone know what he counted against the cap in 11? his base salaries mean nothing, just that 21 mil that was guaranteed is all that is relevant if we cut him. I would love to know how much of the guaranteed money has already hit the cap and how much is left. Can anyone find a full breakdown? (not roto worlds snap shot but rather a written in depth breakdown)

Nothing guaranteed for Williams after this year...which I didn't know.

http://www.nfl.com/n...arolina-panther

One look at Williams' five-year, $43 million contract, Cam Newton's involvement in the running game (70 designed running plays in 2012, including 33 in the red zone, according to Football Outsiders Almanac 2012) and the arrival of Mike Tolbert on a four-year, $10 million contract this offseason casts doubt over Stewart's long-term future with the team, but a return is not impossible.

After this season, none of the three years and $18 million remaining on Williams' is guaranteed. With Williams turning 30 next April, the Panthers could release the older back and go with Stewart, who doesn't turn 26 until next March.

#44 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Nothing guaranteed for Williams after this year...which I didn't know.

http://www.nfl.com/n...arolina-panther

One look at Williams' five-year, $43 million contract, Cam Newton's involvement in the running game (70 designed running plays in 2012, including 33 in the red zone, according to Football Outsiders Almanac 2012) and the arrival of Mike Tolbert on a four-year, $10 million contract this offseason casts doubt over Stewart's long-term future with the team, but a return is not impossible.

After this season, none of the three years and $18 million remaining on Williams' is guaranteed. With Williams turning 30 next April, the Panthers could release the older back and go with Stewart, who doesn't turn 26 until next March.

Great find, feel better now?

#45 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:47 PM

Dwill is a great back. give him the carries that the other "top backs " get and he will be up there with all of them. giiven the ball Dwill will on average give you 5 yards a pop, which is great. alot of "better" backs cant say that. he is worth the money not just on the field but just a great team player and a good guy to have around. i am very happy the panthers paid him what he got he is very deserving

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com