Photo
- - - - -

The Dark Knight Rises is really an Obama conspiracy.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Have you heard this new movie, the Batman movie, what is it, The Dark Knight Lights Up or whatever the name is. That's right, Dark Knight Rises. Lights Up, same thing. Do you know the name of the villain in this movie? Bane. The villain in The Dark Knight Rises is named Bane, B-a-n-e. What is the name of the venture capital firm that Romney ran and around which there's now this make-believe controversy? Bain. The movie has been in the works for a long time. The release date's been known, summer 2012 for a long time. Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire breathing four eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?
[....]
So, anyway, this evil villain in the new Batman movie is named Bane. And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters. It's gonna have a lot of people. This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." (laughing) There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.
[...]
You may think it's ridiculous, I'm just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.

http://www.rushlimba...batman_campaign

Ahh jeeze Rush, you might be on to something here!

What a fuging clown.

#2 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Hahahaha I thought it was a joke some dude on the internet made! Wow Rush you are something else, that is simply classic

"And there's now a discussion out there as to whether or not this is purposeful and whether or not it will influence voters."
"You may think it's ridiculous, I'm just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up."

lol you just cant make this stuff up

#3 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:35 PM

holy fvckery

the angry fat fvck will now continue to be covered by the media and sh*t like this only keeps him going. It never ends ughghghgh

#4 cantrell

cantrell

secular progressive bogeyman

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

it is literally more likely that rush limbaugh is a sex tourist and drug smuggler

also his views are reprehensible, to the point that his listeners here in the tinderbox won't even attempt to defend him, nor admit that they listen to him

#5 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,976 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:39 PM

A part of his idiocy:

"This movie, the audience is gonna be huge. A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop-culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain," he said.

nope, it should be this:

"The Rush Limbaugh radio program, the audience is huge. A lot of people listen to me, and it's a lot of brain-dead people." he said.

#6 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

Posted Image

#7 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,768 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

http://washingtonexa...article/2502274

"It has been observed that movies can reflect the national mood," said Democratic advisor and former Clinton aide Christopher Lehane. "Whether it is spelled Bain and being put out by the Obama campaign or Bane and being out by Hollywood, the narratives are similar: a highly intelligent villain with offshore interests and a past both are seeking to cover up who had a powerful father and is set on pillaging society," he added.

Look at the dates Rush said what he said...and when LeHane said what he said.

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

If you take the time to actually read these things, here's what you get.

The July 16th article tells you that Democrats are hoping people tie "Bane" with Bain Capital.

This summer's much-anticipated Hollywood blockbuster, "The Dark Knight Rises," is getting an unusual boost from Democrats and other foes of Mitt Romney who are eager to tie the Gotham crushing villain to the GOP presidential candidate. Their angle: the mask-wearing, "Venom" gas breathing bad guy has a name that sounds just like Romney's former investment firm that President Obama has been blasting as a jobs killer.

"Bane" is the terrorist in the new movie who drives the caped crusader out of semi-retirement in the final Batman movie. Democrats, who believe they have Romney on the ropes over the president's assault on his leadership at Bain Capital, said the comparisons are too rich to ignore.

"It has been observed that movies can reflect the national mood," said Democratic advisor and former Clinton aide Christopher Lehane. "Whether it is spelled Bain and being put out by the Obama campaign or Bane and being out by Hollywood, the narratives are similar: a highly intelligent villain with offshore interests and a past both are seeking to cover up who had a powerful father and is set on pillaging society," he added

Limbaugh responds to it the following day, saying that the people this is aimed at are essentially idiots who will believe whatever Obama and the Democrats tell them.

A lot of people are gonna see the movie, and it's a lot of brain-dead people, entertainment, the pop culture crowd, and they're gonna hear Bane in the movie and they're gonna associate Bain. The thought is that when they start paying attention to the campaign later in the year, and Obama and the Democrats keep talking about Bain, Romney and Bain, that these people will think back to the Batman movie, "Oh, yeah, I know who that is." There are some people who think it'll work. Others think you're really underestimating the American people to think that will work.

At the polls, will the brain-dead people show up at the polls? I don't know. See, I think you have to assume they will.

You may think it's ridiculous, I'm just telling you this is the kind of stuff the Obama team is lining up. The kind of people who would draw this comparison are the kind of people that they are campaigning to. These are the kind of people that they are attempting to appeal to.

As a side note, comic writer Chuck Dixon - who created Bane - is a conservative who attributes the comparison to "overgrasping democrats".

Well here's a non-sensical comparison from Democrats for the Obama campaign to use. According to Paul Bedard at The Washington Examiner, the Obama campaign takes Batman's new enemy Bane, a pumped up venom gas breathing maniac, in the movie "The Dark Knight Rises" and compares him to presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, because of the Massachusetts GOP'ers previous work with the investment firm Bain Capital, which Obama and Democrats say was a job killer. Get it--Bane and Bain?

(Dixon) later added, "Overgrasping Dems? Hey, if it gets Obama supporters into theaters. Maybe they'll buy thousands of Bane toys to throw at Romney. It all adds to MY Bane capital. I wonder if the Romney campaign will contact me?"

Washington Times

He goes further in statements to Comicbook,com, suggesting what he would consider a better comparison...

Bane was created by me and Graham Nolan and we are lifelong conservatives and as far from left-wing mouthpieces as you are likely to find in comics.”

Dixon is, as he points out himself, one of the most well-known conservatives in mainstream comics. While he doesn’t seem to believe there’s a political axe to grind behind choosing Bane as the villain at all, he does point out that if there was one, it actually seems more likely that the film is a comment on popular protest movements of the Left.

“As for his appearance in The Dark Knight Rises, Bane is a force for evil and the destruction of the status quo. He’s far more akin to an Occupy Wall Street type if you’re looking to cast him politically. And if there ever was a Bruce Wayne running for the White House it would have to be Romney.”

ComicBook.com

Bottom Line: I'm not that big a fan of Limbaugh's tactics, but if you want to use this to say he's the one making dumb statements, you're pretty clearly not reading the actual facts. Thus, if you want to use this story to bash Limbaugh, you're shooting yourselves in the foot.

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Well to be perfectly honest - I saw this article as a standalone without having read all that other crap. I don't follow all this political meandering because it's all a bunch of poo. Rush doesn't need any help making himself look like an idiot, for what it's worth.

But no, I didn't realize he was commenting on some ongoing political hullabaloo. That just makes this whole thing even more retarded.

#10 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:20 PM

Regardless of the other arguments, Rush's initial statements give the impression that he wants people to believe that they are creating the movie and/or the character Bane, in order to cash in on some subconscious associative effect. Which is patently different from what the Dems said, which is basically that they see it as an opportunity, not that they made the movie as such.

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well to be perfectly honest - I saw this article as a standalone without having read all that other crap. I don't follow all this political meandering because it's all a bunch of poo. Rush doesn't need any help making himself look like an idiot, for what it's worth.

But no, I didn't realize he was commenting on some ongoing political hullabaloo. That just makes this whole thing even more retarded.

The discussion actually begins with a former Clinton lobbyist.

Keep in mind, the ultimate source here is the same folks who are saying the DNC will be at "Panthers Stadium" so they don't have to mention Bank of America.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

Why would I keep that in mind? Like I give two shits what either side of this farcical two party poo show want to trot out to the masses this week. It's all a game at the top and retards like Rush comment on it like they offer some real insight.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Why would I keep that in mind? Like I give two shits what either side of this farcical two party poo show want to trot out to the masses this week. It's all a game at the top and retards like Rush comment on it like they offer some real insight.

Because you started the thread? :unsure:

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Yeah, I just wanted to laugh at the fat guy and here you come along trying to give me some back story and ruin my fun. Something you should realize about me, I don't care about this party politic daytime drama craptacularthon that is played between both sides. It's irrelevant and pointless. It provides nothing but argument fodder for the G5's and the CWG's of the world with which they can spout endless nonsense talking points at people and act like they really understand whats going on. It's all a crock of poo and it means nothing.

#15 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,222 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

Yeah, I just wanted to laugh at the fat guy and here you come along trying to give me some back story and ruin my fun. Something you should realize about me, I don't care about this party politic daytime drama craptacularthon that is played between both sides. It's irrelevant and pointless. It provides nothing but argument fodder for the G5's and the CWG's of the world with which they can spout endless nonsense talking points at people and act like they really understand whats going on. It's all a crock of poo and it means nothing.

I don't know that I'd say I don't care about it these days, but I definitely talk about it way less than I used to.

When I was younger, I used to think discussing politics was fun. These days I have trouble remembering why I ever thought that :unsure:

I have to be in a certain mood to enter these discussions, and even when I am I generally get bored with it fast. Some of these guys can go on forever. That used to be me, but these days I lose interest quick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com