Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panther4life

We can cut Deangelo next year and owe him nothing, no cap hits,nothing!

87 posts in this topic

I just e-mailed the guy at ask the commish for clarification. Maybe someone can tweet gantt and ask him?

Who gives a fug about this stuff? It's not our money and it's not our job. I trust the people we have in charge, they do a very good job.

4 people like this

Stewart will be a starting in 2013 and I think Williams will be traded for a mid round pick. Stewart is an elite talent and you cannot let him go. Williams will be 30 and past his prime. Easy decision to make.

We wont tag Stewart and have Williams at the same time... Paying almost $25 million for 3 RBs is insane. Especially with Cam Newton under center.

F u c k that. Why would we cut one of our best offensive weapons? Over money?! C'mon man.

I think all ya'll need is a healthy dosage of DeAngelo Williams highlights to remind you what this man has done for our organization and why we love him.

4 people like this

6888d837535ccb06bdf3e3cb2e1279a1-931269660.gif

F u c k that. Why would we cut one of our best offensive weapons? Over money?! C'mon man.

I think all ya'll need is a healthy dosage of DeAngelo Williams highlights to remind you what this man has done for our organization and why we love him.

Ah yes, the Deangelo Williams from three, four seasons ago. Thanks for posting!

The whole "dump DeAngelo" bandwagon is one I've never had any desire to jump on.

The run game got better as the season went along last year, and personally I'm looking forward to seeing what it does this season.

1 person likes this

WTF? Where is this hate for D-Lo coming from? Yes we may have "over-paid" him last year but he was the top FA RB last year. We had to keep him and I'm glad we did! He's exactly the type of player we want in our locker room, not to mention his stats are grossly under rated. Dude is getting ready to break Jim Brown's YPA record. I love me some D-Lo!! And it's just awesome to yell "D-Lo" when he breaks one! F*ck all you haters! I hope D-Lo is a panther for life!

1 person likes this

"Cut or trade them before they lose a step" is a popular mindset among football fans, but one that rarely gets applied all that effectively in real world decision making.

More often than not, most teams keep guys longer than they should. The Panthers will probably do that with Steve Smith, among others.

My opinion: It's not really that big a tragedy.