Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Scot

BOA Stadium now "Panthers Stadium" (sort of)

Why don't they just take it another step and name it the Black Panthers stadium and Holder can go out and hire these dudes.

Panthers.jpg

Don't kid yourself. This change was intentional and definitely was to remove associate with the Big Banks....todays Great Evil.

This is ironic. Bank of America gets slammed because they charge 5 dollars to their customers to have a debit card, but prices at "Panthers" stadium make it difficult for most people to afford. How about they just call it the chargetodamnmuch stadium? But then, I guess that would apply to all NFL stadiums. :)

Your liberal homerism is strong today.

There is absolutely no other reason to do this than Obama trying to distance himself from Corporate America. To justify it as anything else just shows how truly blind and ridiculous you are.

That is clearly the number 1 reason, but its hardly the only possible reason. I doubt most people nationally have any idea that "Bank of America Stadium" refers to Charlotte. Its not like the Staples Center or some other place which has name recognition

They did pay for it to be called that. They deserve to have it called BofA stadium.

They didnt pay me for it, I can call it whatever the fug I want

It's better for us and better for them. BofA does not own the thing and this is not an NFL event, they could call it the CharlotteObamaDome if they liked.

I believe that's not exactly true. While BOA does not own the facility, it owns the naming rights to the facility, and it's extremely likely that the naming rights extend to all events there, not just NFL events.

All you have to do is refer to it as the Panthers' stadium and not "Panthers Stadium." That way it's not a proper noun and is just a description.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Yukon