Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hurney developing a bad..

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Who remembers National Lampoons Christmas Vacation? Where the grandma wraps the cat and jello as gifts...thats this thread. Rewrapped kittys and lime jello.

1 person likes this

Posted

Market sets the price. EVERY YEAR!

I predicted the cost of CJs contract in Janurary, 6 months before his contract waz signed.

It's not difficult.

CJ was the best free agent defensive end that offseason. There was no doubt he was going to get paid big. whether it's for us, or another team.

Teams have to be willing to pay what the market dictates.

Also as the only impact DE that season it really put a premium on CJ. Him milking the ATL angle really worked to his advantage and forced the Panthers to make it a done deal he could not walk away from. Market+Leverage+losing Season = have to overpay

Posted

We tagged Kalil last year, therefore could not tag CJ or D-Will.

Falcons wanted CJ, he is from the area, they are a rival, we had to pay more to keep him.

We obviously wanted to keep Deangelo, other teams were interested so we had to pay more to keep him(whether you agree with us thinking we need him is different today than it was at the time, who really knew our offense would have exploded?)

Forte, Rice and Avril were all tagged, so they didn't have much say nor did they have to be out-bid by their own teams to keep them.

Posted

We tagged Kalil last year, therefore could not tag CJ or D-Will.

Falcons wanted CJ, he is from the area, they are a rival, we had to pay more to keep him.

We obviously wanted to keep Deangelo, other teams were interested so we had to pay more to keep him(whether you agree with us thinking we need him is different today than it was at the time, who really knew our offense would have exploded?)

Forte, Rice and Avril were all tagged, so they didn't have much say nor did they have to be out-bid by their own teams to keep them.

Simply put and accurate.

Posted

I can't disagree with what the OP is saying. I mean look at what we have done the last few years, we set the bar for players across the league, I remember when we signed DWILL and Gore and Forte wanted that kind of money. Even when we signed CJ, you don't think players were like, Im better than CJ, so I think i deserve more money than him. Or when we locked up Godfrey, I remember Weddle wanting a bigger contract than him. We sign our 9th pick in the 1st round and teams are like "no offset language", and now they got to battle agents for other draftees about getting a deal like Luke. But at the same time, I don't think GM's are upset, and if they are FUG them...

sounds like hurneys ahead of the curve.

Posted

Don't you guys love when some little kid posts a dumbass thread, gets called out by several users, and then decides to not respond at all?

Posted

if this is the case, then brilliant move by hurney.

seriously. he made it hard for other teams to sign key players. why would this be a bad thing for the panthers?

1 person likes this

Posted

The OP is 62 yrs old. Prob went to the K&W for lunch then off to "bring a dish" bingo night at the rec center. Jk jk im bored... I respect my elders.

Posted

The #9 pick didn't have the offset language, so there is strike one. Players and free agents love Hurney cuz you'll get paid, strike two. Who gives a fug if other GM's like him, strike three. You need to leave now.

1 person likes this

Posted

May Hurney's ridiculous contracts buttfug the Saints*, Falcons, and Bucs own negotiations from here to eternity.

Posted

Offset language was through pick 8, OP.

Somebody needs Rossetta Stone up in dis bitch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hurney has always been great with cap numbers, the only contract I don't agree with was the DeAngelo Williams contract, we did over pay for CJ, but at the same time we knew we could not afford to let CJ go so us over paying for him was a forgone conclusion.

1 person likes this