Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brokenbad

HELP! My son has strange bites/welps/rash....please help me indentify it (pics included)

37 posts in this topic

That's what Bed Bug bites look like.

bedbugbites2.jpg

Bed-Bugs-081.jpg

Usually ringworm has a ring pattern. Not always. Would be trying to scratch it though.

demonic possession

j/k

It looks to be some kind of bite, to me at least... I'd guess it was deerfly/horsefly in nature...

It is very hard to tell though, because people's skin reacts differently to different things...

Could just be mosquito bites...

If he doesn't have any other symptoms (fever) and the spots don't get larger or "bullseye" looking, I think he should be alright until the morning... but, as a parent, I understand the worry...

He could be allergic to an insect bite. My daughter and myself are allergic to some. Mosquitos make us welt up.

If he develops a rash that extends the middle of his back around to his chest cavity - it's shingles. Shingles are a recurrence of the Chicken pox virus. They are also painful and itchy.

Lucky for you and your boy that it doesn't look like that could be it. He may of just got a spider or bee in his shirt. He also could be having an allergic reaction to something. Take him to a doctor.

you should see a gp and possibly a dermatologist for a diagnosis -

Its welts not welps - whelps are young carnivorous animals

Has he ever been bit by skeeters before? He has on his swimming trunks...was he in the pool, sprinkler, water slide, etc?

Has he ever been stung by fire ants?

Bitten by fleas?

Sort of looks like flea bites.