Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FurdTurgason

President Romney

1979 is near the end of the Carter admin. I would think Team O would stay as far away from anything Carter save for post prez time.

1979 is near the end of the Carter admin. I would think Team O would stay as far away from anything Carter save for post prez time.

Time will tell. Today no one in the Democratic Party wants to be associated with him. I think history will improve his image.

Before The Camp David Accords, Egypt and Israel were warring with each other every few years. No President has had anything close to the success promoting peace like he did with Israel and her enemies.

He also championed alternate sources of energy. We are trailing many nations in utilizing those technologies today but we could have been world leaders had we listened to him.

He also advocated reducing energy wasting habits but society wasn't ready for recycling, weather proofing their homes or turning down the thermostat.

Americans elected Jimmy Carter because they were sick of Washington inside the beltway corruption after Watergate. The Republicans and Democratic insiders turned against him when he tried to fight their corruption. The Middle East Oil Crisis and the Iranian Crisis undermined our economy and any power his administration had left.

He is still recognized as a humble God fearing man that turned around his father's failing farm, a Naval veteran that commanded the first atomic submarine on its test trials, a friend to minorities in Georgia when that stand could kill you politically and literally, still assists building homes for Habitat for Humanity and many Presidential Scholars consider him one of the most intelligent men to ever occupy the White House.

He has done more good for world humanity than any other President since Herbert Hoover. Another underappreciated President.

Time will tell. Today no one in the Democratic Party wants to be associated with him. I think history will improve his image.

Before The Camp David Accords, Egypt and Israel were warring with each other every few years. No President has had anything close to the success promoting peace like he did with Israel and her enemies.

He also championed alternate sources of energy. We are trailing many nations in utilizing those technologies today but we could have been world leaders had we listened to him.

He also advocated reducing energy wasting habits but society wasn't ready for recycling, weather proofing their homes or turning down the thermostat.

Americans elected Jimmy Carter because they were sick of Washington inside the beltway corruption after Watergate. The Republicans and Democratic insiders turned against him when he tried to fight their corruption. The Middle East Oil Crisis and the Iranian Crisis undermined our economy and any power his administration had left.

He is still recognized as a humble God fearing man that turned around his father's failing farm, a Naval veteran that commanded the first atomic submarine on its test trials, a friend to minorities in Georgia when that stand could kill you politically and literally, still assists building homes for Habitat for Humanity and many Presidential Scholars consider one of the most intelligent men to occupy the White House.

He has done more good for world humanity than any other President since Herbert Hoover. Another underappreciated President.

This. All of it.

He is still recognized as a humble God fearing man that turned around his father's failing farm, a Naval veteran that commanded the first atomic submarine on its test trials, a friend to minorities in Georgia when that stand could kill you politically and literally, still assists building homes for Habitat for Humanity and many Presidential Scholars consider him one of the most intelligent men to ever occupy the White House.

I met him on a plane once. He shook my hand while SS agents on each side looked at me like "move and we'll kill you, bro".

I met him on a plane once. He shook my hand while SS agents on each side looked at me like "move and we'll kill you, bro".

that is just so funny right there

notice i said post pres for Carter? i think he is one of the best we have had AFTER he got out of office.

So do we all get offshore bank accts?

Thats completely up to you.

You can open one if you want - its one of the freedoms we have left.

notice i said post pres for Carter? i think he is one of the best we have had AFTER he got out of office.

I think history will show he was a much better President with sound answers and a clearer understanding of America's needs than most in our society today are willing to give him credit for. His inability to get Congress to work with him was his downfall and that is not suprising since he was sent to Washington to fight corruption and that corruption was centered in Congress.

Carter just wasn't enough of a politician. As much as we all loath politicians anyone who doesn't play the game gets torched by other politicians, and by us.