Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChicK-Fil-A hates gays and my Insurance company supports them

545 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I love ChicK-Fil-A

[quote]

ATLANTA (AP) — Gay rights advocates were surprised Thursday that the president of fast-food chain Chick-fil-A has taken a public position against same-sex marriage.
Chick-fil-A President Dan Cathy said this week that his privately owned company is "guilty as charged" in support of what he called the biblical definition of the family unit.
The Atlanta-based chain opened its first location in a Georgia mall in 1967 and grown to more than 1,615 restaurants in 39 states and Washington, D.C., with annual sales over $4.1 billion, according to its website.
"We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that," Cathy told the Baptist Press, the news agency of the Southern Baptist Convention.
His comments to the Baptist Press, the news agency of the Southern Baptist Convention, unleashed a mix of criticism and support.
"He's taking a bold stand," said Tony Perkins, the president of the Family Research Council, which is based in Washington, D.C. "Chick-fil-A is a bible-based, Christian-based business who treats their employees well. They have been attacked in the past about their stand. But they refuse to budge on this matter, and I commend them for what they are doing."

[/quote]

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-surprises-gay-marriage-talk-161712716--finance.html?_esi=1"]http://news.yahoo.com/chick-fil-surprises-gay-marriage-talk-161712716--finance.html?_esi=1[/url]

This is a email I received today from Esurance

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Esurance has partnered with The Trevor Project — the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth — to sponsor their NTL movement. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]In an increasingly digital world, texting or posting "NTL" signals to friends and family that we need to talk live. And we need someone to listen. [/size][/font][/color]

[b]How you can help[/b]
[url="https://www.facebook.com/Esurance/app_148536928604531"]Add your Facebook profile picture to our NTL photo mosaic.[/url][color=#454545][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] Your photo shows your friends that you've got their backs. For every photo added, Esurance will donate $10 to The Trevor Project (up to $50,000).[/size][/font][/color]

[url="https://www.facebook.com/Esurance/app_148536928604531"][img]http://www.esurance.com/HomeContent/Content/Web/images/Rebranded/newsletter/2012_07/button_join.png[/img][/url]

My insurance rates are way low I don't want to drop them and I love my Chicken not going to drop them either I wish they would both just shut the fug up about this..

I'm sick of all the gay talk and gay rights they should do what they have been doing for the last 100 years and blow each other in private.

I bet the owner of Chic Fil A likes it in the ass and Esurance privately hates queers.

I secretly hate everybody, I don't discriminate .

Have a nice day.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342751882' post='1831098']

I'm sick of all the gay talk and gay rights they should do what they have been doing for the last 100 years and blow each other in private.

[/quote]

Why can't those negros just sit at the back of the bus like they have for the last 60 years?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

People wanting rights are the worst

Posted · Report post

For what it's worth - The chick fillet stance doesn't surprise me in the least. This is a fast food restaurant that is closed on Sundays after all.

Posted · Report post

I don't see the correlation between gay rights and civil rights.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

ugh. why even take a public stance on this at all? what good is it going to do?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342752946' post='1831146']
[/quote]

gays are being denied civil rights.

gay rights = civil rights being denied to gays.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342752946' post='1831146']
[/quote]

You can't be serious.

Posted · Report post

I'm not a gay basher just don't care to hear about it from my insurance company and chicken joints...It's a bad business to piss off a potential customer or lose existing customers.

Posted · Report post

You're right. Those business owners should have just kept the negros out, or at least kept them on separate water fountains. Taking a stance on that poo....I bet they lost business.

Posted · Report post

This thread was more intended towards businesses that take a stance not about my personal views I wish they would keep it to themselves.

Posted · Report post

Nothing changes....if no one ever changes it.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Floppin' timestamp='1342753303' post='1831164']
You're right. Those business owners should have just kept the negros out, or at least kept them on separate water fountains. Taking a stance on that poo....I bet they lost business.
[/quote]

You really want to turn this into the civil rights movements of the 60's I see... back then black people was treated like poo and it wasn't cool being beat and had to ride on the back of the bus and all that crazy poo they had to go through.

Current day: I don't see gays being forced to drink from another water fountain or forced to ride on the back of the bus or being beaten by the police when they get together. I don't see any signs on restaurants/ hotels that say Heterosexual's only.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's a hyperbolic example but it's still has correlation. Discrimination is discrimination, the height of the atrocity is irrelevant.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

What if straight people couldn't pull social security, or something similar? I mean, they aren't getting beat up and forced to sit on the back of the bus or anything, it must be a-okay.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PhillyB' timestamp='1342753001' post='1831150']
gays are being denied civil rights.

gay rights = civil rights being denied to gays.
[/quote]

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?

Posted · Report post

hmmm.....interesting on one hand I love Chick fi-la, on the other hand I hate people that disenfranchise others from their rights. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, now I have a conumdrum that I would not have wanted to deal with, damn why can't they just make chicken and shut the hell up...damn

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342753921' post='1831198']
What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?
[/quote]

Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....

Posted · Report post

[quote name='sagaciouspanther' timestamp='1342754254' post='1831215']
Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....
[/quote]

Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342754570' post='1831225']
Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.
[/quote]

You missed my point unfortunately. If an environment exists that allows someone to be denegrated purely because of how they look, or what their sexual or religious orientation is,ultimately creates an environment that disenfranchises someone. Your incident, and I feel badly for what you went through, was brought on because someone targeted a color, not you per-se, in that your rights were taken away from you, you were abused purely because of how you looked...and your civil rights were violated.....
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't know, you might have a point with the insurance company. I mean, throwing the gay agenda in your face like that and asking you to contribute to a fund for suicide prevention?!?!? That's akin to some asinine company starting some advertising based contribution scheme to help Sarah Mclachlan and her abused dogs, or even worse - asking for your contribution to help starving kids in Africa!

Posted · Report post

fug it, sorry gays, their chicken sandwiches are just too good
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[size=4]Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is "guilty as charged" in its support of traditional marriage.[/size][size=4]"We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press.[/size]

We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days. Some of us might not be clear on what that means. The website Religious Tolerance has provided a [url="http://www.religioustolerance.org/mar_bibl.htm"]helpful article[/url] on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

[b]Here’s a summary:[/b]

[b]1. Polygynous Marriage: [/b]Probably the most common form of marriage in the bible, it is where a man has more than one wife.

[b]2. Levirate Marriage:[/b] When a woman was widowed without a son, it became the responsibility of the brother-in-law or a close male relative to take her in and impregnate her. If the resulting child was a son, he would be considered the heir of her late husband. See Ruth, and the story of Onan (Gen. 38:6-10).

[b]3. A man, a woman and her property — a female slave:[/b] The famous “handmaiden” sketch, as preformed by Abraham (Gen. 16:1-6) and Jacob (Gen. 30:4-5).

[b]4. A man, one or more wives, and some concubines: [/b]The definition of a concubine varies from culture to culture, but they tended to be live-in mistresses. Concubines were tied to their “husband,” but had a lower status than a wife. Their children were not usually heirs, so they were safe outlets for sex without risking the line of succession. To see how badly a concubine could be treated, see the famous story of the Levite and his concubine (Judges 19:1-30).

[b]5. A Male Soldier and a Female Prisoner of War:[/b] Women could be taken as booty from a successful campaign and forced to become wives or concubines. Deuteronomy 21:11-14 describes the process.

[b]6. A male rapist and his victim:[/b] Deuteronomy 22:28-29 describes how an unmarried woman who had been raped must marry her attacker.

[b]7. A male and female slave:[/b] A female slave could be married to a male slave without consent, presumably to produce more slaves.

and of course …

[b]8. Monogamous, heterosexual marriage:[/b] What you might think of as the standard form of marriage, provided you think of arranged marriages as the standard.

[b]Also remember that inter-faith or cross-ethnic marriage were forbidden for large chunks of biblical history.

The important thing to realize here is that none of these models are described as better than any other. All appear to have been accepted.[/b]

[url="http://www.patheos.com/blogs/unreasonablefaith/2009/04/the-varieties-of-biblical-marriage/"]http://www.patheos.c...lical-marriage/[/url]

If I could choose option #1 or better yet option #4, and get unlimited free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches for life, I might just consider overlooking the owner's Bronze Age, tribal goat herder view of the world.

Their sandwiches are good. However, in protest to this pronouncement, I intend to stop eating at Chick-Fil-A for the foreseeable future, or at least until they open a franchise in Alaska.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Don't go quoting the bible at christians, especially baptist. you'll get them all confused.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mr.Jasonluckydog' timestamp='1342753921' post='1831198']
What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids...
[/quote]

What country are you talking about?
1 person likes this