Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChicK-Fil-A hates gays and my Insurance company supports them

545 posts in this topic

Posted

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids...

What country are you talking about?

1 person likes this

Posted

Mobile version doesn't let you edit your posts very efficiently.

I'm just glad Floppin is here to correlate an old guys opinion of marriage with bus rides and church bombings.

Posted

For what it's worth - The chick fillet stance doesn't surprise me in the least. This is a fast food restaurant that is closed on Sundays after all.

This.

The owner is a VERY religios guy. He is willing to lose big time profits by shutting down on Sundays.

Posted

This.

The owner is a VERY religios guy. He is willing to lose big time profits by shutting down on Sundays.

Actually it is also a very shrewd business move.

Sundays off plays up the religious aspect of course but Chick-Fil-A can also attract better workers and reduce employee turnover (reducing hiring and training costs) by guaranteeing them at least one day off a week without the potential of being "called in" to cover for no shows.

It also increases the chance of employees actually getting two days off in a row and having a "real weekend". Quality time off is something rare in the fast food industry and highly valued by younger workers.

Posted

meh, the Chick Fil A owner is simply expressing his views. I don't agree with them, but unless he refuses to hire gays, funds anit-gay groups, or refuses to serve gays, I'll keep eating there. I bet the gays will too. Their chicken is fabulous.

2 people like this

Posted

meh, the Chick Fil A owner is simply expressing his views. I don't agree with them, but unless he refuses to hire gays, funds anit-gay groups, or refuses to serve gays, I'll keep eating there. I bet the gays will too. Their chicken is fabulous.

I'm he openly funds anti gay orgs and while their chicken is delish I don't know a single gay person that would eat there

Posted

For the longest time I thought jlg was a gag....

fml

Posted

He is a bigot, but he is a rich one. As such he has more influence in our society than the average Joe. I suspect he knew his stance would create some controversy and generate some free advertising for his business.

Based on what we have seen recently, there is no shortage of bigots and individuals that are indifferent to the civil rights of LBGTs in this country. I doubt his stance will impact his profits significantly either way and I wouldn’t be surprised if his team of advisers had already vetted this issue for him. By the time his stand on this issue matters to Chick-Fil-A's bottom line he will have most likely passed through the pearly gates of heaven.

Posted

Love it or hate it, I know certain people who eat at Chik-Fil-A just because of their stance on gays and the fact that they arent open on Sunday.

But I'm sure that there are just as many people who wont eat there for the same reason.

Posted

But I'm sure that there are just as many people who wont eat there for the same reason.

And I bet even more won't eat there because it's really over priced and all fast food is gross

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm he openly funds anti gay orgs and while their chicken is delish I don't know a single gay person that would eat there

A good friend of mine who's gay couldn't care less.

But he also hates the LGBT and is conservative, so he's probably not considered authentic gay or something.

And if I refused to do business with anyone who didn't share my views, I'd be a very disenfranchised man.

Enjoy protesting, friends. More chicken for me.

Posted

He's gay but he hates lesbians, gays, bisexuals, and transvestites? Seems legit.