Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ChicK-Fil-A hates gays and my Insurance company supports them

545 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll bet many people have eaten homosexual chickens from there and got teh ghey from it.

Posted

Today’s statement on the the Chick-fil-a Facebook page takes the exact opposite view. The company now claims:

The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.
We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators.
Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.

The Chick-fil-A corporation has long funded anti-gay organizations. According to an Equality Matters analysis of public records, in 2010 the company’s foundation distributed nearly $2 million to anti-LGBT groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation, the Family Research Council, and Exodus International — and millions more in previous years. But this past March, when Northeastern University rejected a proposed contract to bring a Chick-fil-A restaurant on campus, a Cathy bizarrely claimed that the company had “no political agenda.” He said in a media statement “we are not anti-anybody and Chick-fil-A have [sic] no agenda, policy or position against anyone as some reports continue to represent.”

Chick-fil-A is one of a very small number of major national companies that refuses to offer any employment protections to LGBT employees. In fact, the company received a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign and has a record of firing employees it believes engage in “sinful” behavior. This is hardly a tradition of treating everyone “with honor, dignity, and respect.”

Either the company is once again trying to conceal its anti-LGBT activism or Cathy’s intention to “stay the course” lasted just three days.

http://thinkprogress...-gay-admission/

Posted

Today’s statement on the the Chick-fil-a Facebook page takes the exact opposite view. The company now claims:

The Chick-fil-A culture and service tradition in our restaurants is to treat every person with honor, dignity and respect – regardless of their belief, race, creed, sexual orientation or gender.
We will continue this tradition in the over 1,600 Restaurants run by independent Owner/Operators.
Going forward, our intent is to leave the policy debate over same-sex marriage to the government and political arena.

The Chick-fil-A corporation has long funded anti-gay organizations. According to an Equality Matters analysis of public records, in 2010 the company’s foundation distributed nearly $2 million to anti-LGBT groups including the Marriage & Family Foundation, the Family Research Council, and Exodus International — and millions more in previous years. But this past March, when Northeastern University rejected a proposed contract to bring a Chick-fil-A restaurant on campus, a Cathy bizarrely claimed that the company had “no political agenda.” He said in a media statement “we are not anti-anybody and Chick-fil-A have [sic] no agenda, policy or position against anyone as some reports continue to represent.”

Chick-fil-A is one of a very small number of major national companies that refuses to offer any employment protections to LGBT employees. In fact, the company received a 0 rating from the Human Rights Campaign and has a record of firing employees it believes engage in “sinful” behavior. This is hardly a tradition of treating everyone “with honor, dignity, and respect.”

Either the company is once again trying to conceal its anti-LGBT activism or Cathy’s intention to “stay the course” lasted just three days.

http://thinkprogress...-gay-admission/

This was my point from the beginning that businesses should stay the hell out of poo like this and just serve the public.

1 person likes this

Posted

A Klan rally?

Really?

How many homosexuals has Chick-Fil-A lynched?

Good question! TBH, I'm not sure. If I had to guess about 10% of Chick-fil-A chickens are gay. They weren't technically lynched but the end result was the same.

Found this while trying to research your question. Here are the Top 10 Gay Animals in the World (Not Including Humans).

Posted

The people of Boston will have to purchase their chicken sandwiches elsewhere: Mayor Thomas M. Menino has sworn that the franchise will have to fight city hall to bring its fast-food empire to Boston after Chick-fil-A’s president, Dan Cathy, said gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.” The Atlanta-based chain is hoping to open a restaurant in a popular tourist spot near the Freedom Trail — a rather ironic choice in Menino’s eyes.

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston,” Menino told the Boston Herald on Thursday. “You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against the population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion. That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.../#ixzz21Usl5tNh

If this is because of the owner's comments, it's BS. Elected officials shouldn't and can't kick out or prevent businesses over their stated opinions, it's a direct first amendment violation.

Now if their hiring/firing or service policies violate state/city laws, then by all means.

Posted

If this is because of the owner's comments, it's BS. Elected officials shouldn't and can't kick out or prevent businesses over their stated opinions, it's a direct first amendment violation.

Now if their hiring/firing or service policies violate state/city laws, then by all means.

Not sure what kind of laws Boston has on the books. I would hope that the Mayor of Boston vetted this statement with the city's lawyers prior to making his comments.

Might make for an interesting lawsuit.

Posted

once again, rodeo and i agree and no, it's not that rare actually that we do.

Posted

All I know is I have never had bad service or had a rude or surly person take my order at a Chik-Fil-a. All the people who work there, even the high school kids act really nice to the customer and do their job well. And the sammiches are quite tasty.

Posted

Good question! TBH, I'm not sure. If I had to guess about 10% of Chick-fil-A chickens are gay. They weren't technically lynched but the end result was the same.

Found this while trying to research your question. Here are the Top 10 Gay Animals in the World (Not Including Humans).

So you had no problem with the 90 out of 100 chickens they killed that were heterosexual?

Posted

So you had no problem with the 90 out of 100 chickens they killed that were heterosexual?

Of course, but Christians are the issue, since they only covet/love heterosexual chickens. Let them account for the 90% of fryer hens not laying in sin.

I am starting to think you are egging me on.

Posted

Of course, but Christians are the issue, since they only covet/love heterosexual chickens. Let them account for the 90% of fryer hens not laying in sin.

I am starting to think you are egging me on.

Well, I was pretty hungry.

I think I'll go get a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A, and then we can resume this conversation once I'm less peckish.

1 person likes this

Posted

Eating at CFA is something I struggle with on a weekly basis. I don't agree with their philosophy and they openly discriminate against homosexuals is wrong and backwards. I feel like a hypocrite eating there.