Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonluckydog

ChicK-Fil-A hates gays and my Insurance company supports them

545 posts in this topic

I grabbed lunch there today and the woman beside me ordered a #1 combo. When she was asked what she would like for her drink she said "what light beers do you have?" She was being dead serious too.

The employee laughed and said "I wish we served beer here."

Eating at CFA is something I struggle with on a weekly basis. I don't agree with their philosophy and they openly discriminate against homosexuals is wrong and backwards. I feel like a hypocrite eating there.

It's harder mentally than anything. I am boycotting them now and I was put to the test the other day when I was in a South Charlotte shopping center with a Chick-Fil-A I go to often. I bit the bullet and went to Wendy's and got a new burger called the Son of Baconator instead. Tasty, let's all try new things and not feel hypocritical!

1 person likes this

Do people realize that being against gay marriage is not the same thing as being anti gay? I can see that its sort of in the same field, but at the same time, its really not that close. Its part of the CEO's religious belief. When there's solid proof people are being fired or denied jobs or service for being gay, then there's a problem. Until then, I don't think any of us want a country where there's such intolerance of peoples religious views. This whole Chicago Mayer preventing a business from opening should be 1000 times more concerning to people. This is government stepping in on our freedoms big time!!

What if the Chik-Fil-A owner said something negative towards global warming. San Francisco going to ban the restaurant for that?

Who's being intolerant?

Do people realize that being against gay marriage is not the same thing as being anti gay? I can see that its sort of in the same field, but at the same time, its really not that close. Its part of the CEO's religious belief. When there's solid proof people are being fired or denied jobs or service for being gay, then there's a problem. Until then, I don't think any of us want a country where there's such intolerance of peoples religious views. This whole Chicago Mayer preventing a business from opening should be 1000 times more concerning to people. This is government stepping in on our freedoms big time!!

People are intolerant of my intolerance!!!!

If this is because of the owner's comments, it's BS. Elected officials shouldn't and can't kick out or prevent businesses over their stated opinions, it's a direct first amendment violation.

Now if their hiring/firing or service policies violate state/city laws, then by all means.

Exactly.

I don't like what the dude said nor do I like the organizations that ChicFila supports ie: Focus on the Family but the most anyone can do is simply boycott it.

People are intolerant of my intolerance!!!!

Exactly...we should make people eat pork.

I just wish Chickfila would work on getting that nasty piece of fat or whatever it is out of their chicken. I swear it's in almost every piece i get, it's gross.

Probably the middle grissle (sp?) piece in the center of a breast. I can't stand them either.

i hated them before bc of the fugin pickles....bunch of assholes

Probably the middle grissle (sp?) piece in the center of a breast. I can't stand them either.

That's it.

So nasty