Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonluckydog

ChicK-Fil-A hates gays and my Insurance company supports them

528 posts in this topic

I fully expect it to have almost 0 long term impact on their business one way or another. Americans tend to forget things quickly.

Maybe. Though in 30-40 years when American society has almost completely accepted homosexuality Chickfila could be looked at in a bad light. But I'm sure there were a lot of companies that were prejudice towards black people and we don't even remember their stance now. It will be interesting to watch it all play out. And by "all" I mean watching the acceptance of homosexuals in society get played out.

Maybe. Though in 30-40 years when American society has almost completely accepted homosexuality Chickfila could be looked at in a bad light. But I'm sure there were a lot of companies that were prejudice towards black people and we don't even remember their stance now. It will be interesting to watch it all play out. And by "all" I mean watching the acceptance of homosexuals in society get played out.

Big assumption here, acceptance of homosexuals in society seems to be cyclical and highly sensitive to locale.

Yeah we don't even completely accept black people in a lot of places. But you know what she means.

Yeah most Americans have forgotten all the pols who formed kkk outfits, after they instituted segregation. Then went on to fight in civil liberty issues while condeming the policies they created. Like having the pie and eating in front of hungry peasants who voted for you.

553381_481527715193541_1620831305_n.jpg

That really hurts.

looks legit

I mean, what percentage of 50 count nugget trays are bought by stoners with good intentions?

553381_481527715193541_1620831305_n.jpg

That really hurts.

i remember posting a while back in that conservative image macro thread how it seems like they're 100% incapable of creating images that aren't chunky as hell with compression artifacts.

point stands.

Big assumption here, acceptance of homosexuals in society seems to be cyclical and highly sensitive to locale.

Social acceptance of homosexuality has, throughout history, fluctuated. Florence, for example, was a very progressive and liberal city, for the times, at the end of the 15 century. Tons of openly homosexual people. Then the Dominicans, completely with their hard-line christian fanaticism, took over the public mind. This movement was primarily centered around Catholic corruption and a perceived unfettered greed and vanity amongst the public. Invariably 100's of "sodomites" (gay people) were stoned and burned at the stake in Florence by this Dominican movement's followers.

So there's this really messed up dude I know

378177_10151145436073109_1311533048_n.jpg

557066_4295240457527_757005510_n.jpg

Like most Bible thumpers Mr. Cathy is a cherry picker.

Hypocrite thy name is Chick-fil-A!

NYC mayor: Chick-fil-A flap over gay marriage is none of government’s business

NEW YORK — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday that despite his own support of same-sex marriage, he disagrees with some of his fellow mayors who have said that the fast-food chain Chick-fil-A is not welcome in their cities because of its opposition to gay marriage.

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/nyc-mayor-disagrees-with-mayors-of-boston-chicago-san-francisco-in-chick-fil-a-debate/2012/07/27/gJQAtPMuDX_story.html