jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,649 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

gays are being denied civil rights.

gay rights = civil rights being denied to gays.

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?

#17 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

hmmm.....interesting on one hand I love Chick fi-la, on the other hand I hate people that disenfranchise others from their rights. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, now I have a conumdrum that I would not have wanted to deal with, damn why can't they just make chicken and shut the hell up...damn

#18 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?

Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....

#19 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• HUDDLER
  • 12,649 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....

Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.

#20 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.

You missed my point unfortunately. If an environment exists that allows someone to be denegrated purely because of how they look, or what their sexual or religious orientation is,ultimately creates an environment that disenfranchises someone. Your incident, and I feel badly for what you went through, was brought on because someone targeted a color, not you per-se, in that your rights were taken away from you, you were abused purely because of how you looked...and your civil rights were violated.....

#21 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:35 PM

I don't know, you might have a point with the insurance company. I mean, throwing the gay agenda in your face like that and asking you to contribute to a fund for suicide prevention?!?!? That's akin to some asinine company starting some advertising based contribution scheme to help Sarah Mclachlan and her abused dogs, or even worse - asking for your contribution to help starving kids in Africa!

#22 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

fug it, sorry gays, their chicken sandwiches are just too good

#23 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Company president Dan Cathy told a Baptist website the Atlanta-based restaurant chain is "guilty as charged" in its support of traditional marriage."We are very much supportive of the family — the biblical definition of the family unit," Cathy said in article published Monday by the Baptist Press.

We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days. Some of us might not be clear on what that means. The website Religious Tolerance has provided a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

Here’s a summary:

1. Polygynous Marriage: Probably the most common form of marriage in the bible, it is where a man has more than one wife.

2. Levirate Marriage: When a woman was widowed without a son, it became the responsibility of the brother-in-law or a close male relative to take her in and impregnate her. If the resulting child was a son, he would be considered the heir of her late husband. See Ruth, and the story of Onan (Gen. 38:6-10).

3. A man, a woman and her property — a female slave: The famous “handmaiden” sketch, as preformed by Abraham (Gen. 16:1-6) and Jacob (Gen. 30:4-5).

4. A man, one or more wives, and some concubines: The definition of a concubine varies from culture to culture, but they tended to be live-in mistresses. Concubines were tied to their “husband,” but had a lower status than a wife. Their children were not usually heirs, so they were safe outlets for sex without risking the line of succession. To see how badly a concubine could be treated, see the famous story of the Levite and his concubine (Judges 19:1-30).

5. A Male Soldier and a Female Prisoner of War: Women could be taken as booty from a successful campaign and forced to become wives or concubines. Deuteronomy 21:11-14 describes the process.

6. A male rapist and his victim: Deuteronomy 22:28-29 describes how an unmarried woman who had been raped must marry her attacker.

7. A male and female slave: A female slave could be married to a male slave without consent, presumably to produce more slaves.

and of course …

8. Monogamous, heterosexual marriage: What you might think of as the standard form of marriage, provided you think of arranged marriages as the standard.

Also remember that inter-faith or cross-ethnic marriage were forbidden for large chunks of biblical history.

The important thing to realize here is that none of these models are described as better than any other. All appear to have been accepted.

http://www.patheos.c...lical-marriage/

If I could choose option #1 or better yet option #4, and get unlimited free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches for life, I might just consider overlooking the owner's Bronze Age, tribal goat herder view of the world.

Their sandwiches are good. However, in protest to this pronouncement, I intend to stop eating at Chick-Fil-A for the foreseeable future, or at least until they open a franchise in Alaska.

#24 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,570 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:39 PM

Don't go quoting the bible at christians, especially baptist. you'll get them all confused.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,471 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids...

What country are you talking about?

#26 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,546 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:09 PM

Mobile version doesn't let you edit your posts very efficiently.

I'm just glad Floppin is here to correlate an old guys opinion of marriage with bus rides and church bombings.

#27 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,368 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 July 2012 - 06:13 AM

For what it's worth - The chick fillet stance doesn't surprise me in the least. This is a fast food restaurant that is closed on Sundays after all.

This.

The owner is a VERY religios guy. He is willing to lose big time profits by shutting down on Sundays.

#28 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,217 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

This.

The owner is a VERY religios guy. He is willing to lose big time profits by shutting down on Sundays.

Actually it is also a very shrewd business move.

Sundays off plays up the religious aspect of course but Chick-Fil-A can also attract better workers and reduce employee turnover (reducing hiring and training costs) by guaranteeing them at least one day off a week without the potential of being "called in" to cover for no shows.

It also increases the chance of employees actually getting two days off in a row and having a "real weekend". Quality time off is something rare in the fast food industry and highly valued by younger workers.

#29 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,419 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

meh, the Chick Fil A owner is simply expressing his views. I don't agree with them, but unless he refuses to hire gays, funds anit-gay groups, or refuses to serve gays, I'll keep eating there. I bet the gays will too. Their chicken is fabulous.

#30 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,618 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

meh, the Chick Fil A owner is simply expressing his views. I don't agree with them, but unless he refuses to hire gays, funds anit-gay groups, or refuses to serve gays, I'll keep eating there. I bet the gays will too. Their chicken is fabulous.

I'm he openly funds anti gay orgs and while their chicken is delish I don't know a single gay person that would eat there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.