• Please log in to reply
544 replies to this topic

#11 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Honorary Honeydick Member

• LocationGATOR CREEK- SC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

This thread was more intended towards businesses that take a stance not about my personal views I wish they would keep it to themselves.

#12 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:03 PM

Nothing changes....if no one ever changes it.

#13 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

You're right. Those business owners should have just kept the negros out, or at least kept them on separate water fountains. Taking a stance on that poo....I bet they lost business.

You really want to turn this into the civil rights movements of the 60's I see... back then black people was treated like poo and it wasn't cool being beat and had to ride on the back of the bus and all that crazy poo they had to go through.

Current day: I don't see gays being forced to drink from another water fountain or forced to ride on the back of the bus or being beaten by the police when they get together. I don't see any signs on restaurants/ hotels that say Heterosexual's only.

#14 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

It's a hyperbolic example but it's still has correlation. Discrimination is discrimination, the height of the atrocity is irrelevant.

#15 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• LocationShallotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

What if straight people couldn't pull social security, or something similar? I mean, they aren't getting beat up and forced to sit on the back of the bus or anything, it must be a-okay.

#16 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

gays are being denied civil rights.

gay rights = civil rights being denied to gays.

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?

#17 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• Locationwhatcha worried about it for
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

hmmm.....interesting on one hand I love Chick fi-la, on the other hand I hate people that disenfranchise others from their rights. Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, now I have a conumdrum that I would not have wanted to deal with, damn why can't they just make chicken and shut the hell up...damn

#18 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

What civil rights are being denied? Gays can get married, adopt kids, have great jobs and now Insurance companies will allow gay couples to be on the same insurance policies w/o being married. Gays can vote run for office so I have no idea what gays are not allowed to do?

Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....

#19 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

Gays also have the right to get the hell beat out of them by any random mutha fuga that doesn't approve of their life-style because they don't agree with it......not a good deal IMO.......biggotry is what biggotry is....

Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.

#20 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Every race and religion has the same issue with that just not the gays. I was assaulted in High School buy a group of black guys who didn't know me but I was told later that they planned on taking out the 1st white kid that crossed there path and that was me I was a freshman and all of them was juniors and 1 senior only 1 went to jail for 30 days.

You missed my point unfortunately. If an environment exists that allows someone to be denegrated purely because of how they look, or what their sexual or religious orientation is,ultimately creates an environment that disenfranchises someone. Your incident, and I feel badly for what you went through, was brought on because someone targeted a color, not you per-se, in that your rights were taken away from you, you were abused purely because of how you looked...and your civil rights were violated.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users