Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:48 PM

A Klan rally?

Really?

How many homosexuals has Chick-Fil-A lynched?

Good question! TBH, I'm not sure. If I had to guess about 10% of Chick-fil-A chickens are gay. They weren't technically lynched but the end result was the same.

Found this while trying to research your question. Here are the Top 10 Gay Animals in the World (Not Including Humans).

http://youtu.be/aiT2OSAbogw

#77 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 16,260 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:01 PM

The people of Boston will have to purchase their chicken sandwiches elsewhere: Mayor Thomas M. Menino has sworn that the franchise will have to fight city hall to bring its fast-food empire to Boston after Chick-fil-A’s president, Dan Cathy, said gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.” The Atlanta-based chain is hoping to open a restaurant in a popular tourist spot near the Freedom Trail — a rather ironic choice in Menino’s eyes.

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston,” Menino told the Boston Herald on Thursday. “You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against the population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion. That’s the Freedom Trail. That’s where it all started right here. And we’re not going to have a company, Chick-fil-A or whatever the hell the name is, on our Freedom Trail.”

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.../#ixzz21Usl5tNh

If this is because of the owner's comments, it's BS. Elected officials shouldn't and can't kick out or prevent businesses over their stated opinions, it's a direct first amendment violation.

Now if their hiring/firing or service policies violate state/city laws, then by all means.

#78 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:07 PM

If this is because of the owner's comments, it's BS. Elected officials shouldn't and can't kick out or prevent businesses over their stated opinions, it's a direct first amendment violation.

Now if their hiring/firing or service policies violate state/city laws, then by all means.

Not sure what kind of laws Boston has on the books. I would hope that the Mayor of Boston vetted this statement with the city's lawyers prior to making his comments.

Might make for an interesting lawsuit.

#79 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,992 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

once again, rodeo and i agree and no, it's not that rare actually that we do.

#80 captfluoro

captfluoro

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationHuntersville, NC

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

All I know is I have never had bad service or had a rude or surly person take my order at a Chik-Fil-a. All the people who work there, even the high school kids act really nice to the customer and do their job well. And the sammiches are quite tasty.

#81 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:01 AM

Good question! TBH, I'm not sure. If I had to guess about 10% of Chick-fil-A chickens are gay. They weren't technically lynched but the end result was the same.

Found this while trying to research your question. Here are the Top 10 Gay Animals in the World (Not Including Humans).

http://youtu.be/aiT2OSAbogw

So you had no problem with the 90 out of 100 chickens they killed that were heterosexual?

#82 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:58 AM

So you had no problem with the 90 out of 100 chickens they killed that were heterosexual?

Of course, but Christians are the issue, since they only covet/love heterosexual chickens. Let them account for the 90% of fryer hens not laying in sin.

I am starting to think you are egging me on.

#83 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

Of course, but Christians are the issue, since they only covet/love heterosexual chickens. Let them account for the 90% of fryer hens not laying in sin.

I am starting to think you are egging me on.

Well, I was pretty hungry.

I think I'll go get a chicken biscuit from Chick-Fil-A, and then we can resume this conversation once I'm less peckish.

#84 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:54 AM

Eating at CFA is something I struggle with on a weekly basis. I don't agree with their philosophy and they openly discriminate against homosexuals is wrong and backwards. I feel like a hypocrite eating there.

#85 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

I grabbed lunch there today and the woman beside me ordered a #1 combo. When she was asked what she would like for her drink she said "what light beers do you have?" She was being dead serious too.

The employee laughed and said "I wish we served beer here."

#86 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,935 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:31 PM

Glenn Greenwald is appalled that Chicago mayor Rahm Emanuel and Boston mayor Thomas Menino are trying to block Chick-fil-A from opening stores in their cities because the company's CEO opposes gay marriage:

http://www.motherjon...-back-chick-fil

Posted Image

#87 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,382 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Eating at CFA is something I struggle with on a weekly basis. I don't agree with their philosophy and they openly discriminate against homosexuals is wrong and backwards. I feel like a hypocrite eating there.

It's harder mentally than anything. I am boycotting them now and I was put to the test the other day when I was in a South Charlotte shopping center with a Chick-Fil-A I go to often. I bit the bullet and went to Wendy's and got a new burger called the Son of Baconator instead. Tasty, let's all try new things and not feel hypocritical!

#88 Katweiser

Katweiser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

Do people realize that being against gay marriage is not the same thing as being anti gay? I can see that its sort of in the same field, but at the same time, its really not that close. Its part of the CEO's religious belief. When there's solid proof people are being fired or denied jobs or service for being gay, then there's a problem. Until then, I don't think any of us want a country where there's such intolerance of peoples religious views. This whole Chicago Mayer preventing a business from opening should be 1000 times more concerning to people. This is government stepping in on our freedoms big time!!

#89 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,768 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

What if the Chik-Fil-A owner said something negative towards global warming. San Francisco going to ban the restaurant for that?

Who's being intolerant?

#90 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,327 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Do people realize that being against gay marriage is not the same thing as being anti gay? I can see that its sort of in the same field, but at the same time, its really not that close. Its part of the CEO's religious belief. When there's solid proof people are being fired or denied jobs or service for being gay, then there's a problem. Until then, I don't think any of us want a country where there's such intolerance of peoples religious views. This whole Chicago Mayer preventing a business from opening should be 1000 times more concerning to people. This is government stepping in on our freedoms big time!!

People are intolerant of my intolerance!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com