544 replies to this topic

#106 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

I fully expect it to have almost 0 long term impact on their business one way or another. Americans tend to forget things quickly.

Maybe. Though in 30-40 years when American society has almost completely accepted homosexuality Chickfila could be looked at in a bad light. But I'm sure there were a lot of companies that were prejudice towards black people and we don't even remember their stance now. It will be interesting to watch it all play out. And by "all" I mean watching the acceptance of homosexuals in society get played out.

#107 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,197 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

Maybe. Though in 30-40 years when American society has almost completely accepted homosexuality Chickfila could be looked at in a bad light. But I'm sure there were a lot of companies that were prejudice towards black people and we don't even remember their stance now. It will be interesting to watch it all play out. And by "all" I mean watching the acceptance of homosexuals in society get played out.

Big assumption here, acceptance of homosexuals in society seems to be cyclical and highly sensitive to locale.

#108 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,967 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Yeah we don't even completely accept black people in a lot of places. But you know what she means.

#109 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

Yeah most Americans have forgotten all the pols who formed kkk outfits, after they instituted segregation. Then went on to fight in civil liberty issues while condeming the policies they created. Like having the pie and eating in front of hungry peasants who voted for you.

#110 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image

That really hurts.

#111 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,197 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

looks legit

#112 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

I mean, what percentage of 50 count nugget trays are bought by stoners with good intentions?

#113 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,302 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:21 PM

Posted Image

That really hurts.

i remember posting a while back in that conservative image macro thread how it seems like they're 100% incapable of creating images that aren't chunky as hell with compression artifacts.

point stands.

#114 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,670 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:43 PM

Big assumption here, acceptance of homosexuals in society seems to be cyclical and highly sensitive to locale.

Social acceptance of homosexuality has, throughout history, fluctuated. Florence, for example, was a very progressive and liberal city, for the times, at the end of the 15 century. Tons of openly homosexual people. Then the Dominicans, completely with their hard-line christian fanaticism, took over the public mind. This movement was primarily centered around Catholic corruption and a perceived unfettered greed and vanity amongst the public. Invariably 100's of "sodomites" (gay people) were stoned and burned at the stake in Florence by this Dominican movement's followers.

#115 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,396 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:50 PM

So there's this really messed up dude I know

Posted Image

#116 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Posted Image

Like most Bible thumpers Mr. Cathy is a cherry picker.

Hypocrite thy name is Chick-fil-A!

#117 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,501 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:50 PM

NYC mayor: Chick-fil-A flap over gay marriage is none of government’s business

NEW YORK — New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg said Friday that despite his own support of same-sex marriage, he disagrees with some of his fellow mayors who have said that the fast-food chain Chick-fil-A is not welcome in their cities because of its opposition to gay marriage.

Bloomberg said on his weekly radio show on WOR that it is inappropriate for a government entity “to look at somebody’s political views and decide whether or not they can live in the city, or operate a business in the city, or work for somebody in the city.”

http://www.washingto...MuDX_story.html

#118 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,075 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

the CFA VP of PR died of a heart attack today. you know there will be tons of high fives going on over that. not publicy at least.

#119 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,960 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:24 PM

^^ F YES MY PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED!!

#120 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER