Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Dark Knight Rises SPOILER ALERT THREAD (with a preface that contains no spoilers)

80 posts in this topic

Posted

I loved it. Absolutely loved it.

Posted

I thought this was the weakest of the 3 by far.

Posted

I thought this was the weakest of the 3 by far.

You would be in the minority.

Posted

You would be in the minority.

Oh, no doubt.

Posted

I don't think it's as good as the dark Knight.

Posted

I saw it last night, it was a dissapointment.

1 person likes this

Posted

loved it

All the minor characters were awesome

Bruce, Selina Kyle and Blake were all great in the flick. Loved the sets, effects, it was just awesome.

The whole hell prison sequence was fantastic but my favorite scene had to be the buildup to the total take-over with the national anthem.

I love how all of Nolan's films can really stand by themselves as great.

Probably the best trilogy of all time

Posted

I don't know if I'm ready to put it over star wars. We shall see how it stands the test of time.

Posted

I don't know if I'm ready to put it over star wars. We shall see how it stands the test of time.

I personally am...I think the Star Wars rep is built more around what it did for a genre overall but as movies, ANH and Empire are the only legit ones imo

Nolan is on another plane compare to Lucas

My favorite from the new Batman's is still BB but they all have their own unique brilliance

I loved how well the sense of anarchy and mayhem was portrayed especially through Blake in the movie. The performance was great but as a character, I thought it was one of Nolan's best written.

And I was soo nervous about catwoman but I thought that was perfect. It wasn't campy but they managed to still have very cool back and forth's between her and Batman/Bruce. And perfect at being both a bad and good girl

Posted

Empire and Return weren't directed by Lucas.

Posted

Everyone will have their own opinions, but I really believe this will be the best trilogy by a long shot.

TDK stands alone as a movie in the trilogy, however, TDKR honestly picks up where BB left off.

Pretend there was no TDK and BB ended with Batman on the lam. Minor details aside from TDK (Rachel Dawes missing, The Joker card at the end of BB) if you could pretend TDK never existed and Nolan just wanted the 1st and 3rd movies, how would you view the series (assuming it was just 2 movies and not a trilogy)?

I know it is hard to pretend that TDK was never made, but I think with that mindset, it makes TDKR the ultimate/brilliant ending.

2 people like this

Posted

I do not think there is any way this is the best trilogy of all time. Outside of my personal opinion about each movie's quality, I think the lasting significance of these movies will be minimal.

Above all, they are Batman movies. There have been many before it and there will be many after it. While Nolan did create a different kind of Batman, it is still just Batman. A trilogy like Star Wars stands alone. Nolan's trilogy will forever be compared against the movies that came before and will inevitably be compared to the movies that come after. I personally think this will do some damage to its reputation eventually.

1 person likes this