Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Multiple dead in TDKR showing

211 posts in this topic

you just enjoy living on your knees

yeah, DC is doing so awesome in controlling crime, and i'm sure your failed criminologist (why else would he be a former criminologist turned teacher) had his hand in that

Do you really think that someone who plans on doing you harm is going to bust through your door guns blazing announcing his arrival? You've got a better chance of disarming someone who has a weapon than you do finding your gun and shooting a man. Unless you're John Wayne you aren't going to draw your gun and kill a man who already has his drawn.The most effective method though is target hardening which is preventative measures that makes your house less appealing to criminals.

and by the way, I'm pretty positive that my teacher who used to be a criminologist in Washington D.C. knows a bit more about crime control than a bunch of rednecks on a Carolina Panther's message board.

Eh.... How else would one attack you while in your home without kicking in the door and guns "blazing"? Numerous external factors considered and I like my chance against the armed assailant. And I agree, target hardening times 100.

And you are what's wrong with society. Rednecks on a panther message board? Next it will be uppity blacks on a heat message board. (see what I did there.. Gangsta).

1 person likes this

nobody ever suggests police officers shouldn't be allowed to carry guns despite the high number of fatal "accidents" caused by them

wonder what the statistics are in comparison between home invasions by criminals and home invasions by police that end in the death of innocent citizens

poo nobody wants to fuging talk about

it obviously cannot be this caucasian academic's fault that he shot up a movie theater full of people with several months of premeditation funded using government grants

its gotta be the guns bro

i think people receiving academic grants from the government should be required to show receipts to prove where those resources are being allocated. i see too much of being spent on kind bud and AR-15s

Do you really think that someone who plans on doing you harm is going to bust through your door guns blazing announcing his arrival? You've got a better chance of disarming someone who has a weapon than you do finding your gun and shooting a man. Unless you're John Wayne you aren't going to draw your gun and kill a man who already has his drawn.The most effective method though is target hardening which is preventative measures that makes your house less appealing to criminals.

and by the way, I'm pretty positive that my teacher who used to be a criminologist in Washington D.C. knows a bit more about crime control than a bunch of rednecks on a Carolina Panther's message board.

No. I think most people break into homes under the belief they are unoccupied...the homeowner being there is a surprise generally.

I have a better chance of disarming people in my house with my hands than finding my gun? What type of logic is being used there?

Bottom line is if someone breaks into my home....I ain't looking to tangle w/ them. That is foolish. I simply get my gun. Yell out the police are on their way.....keep my wife and kids upstairs and tell them they are dead men if they show themselves in my stairwell.

(that of course would be during a break-in during the middle of the night).

1 person likes this

Do not agree. If a crook with a 38 wants to cause me harm in my home I am prepared for that ass. If some dude receives a call during a movie decides he must kill everyone now..... Then we are fuged.

Most experienced gun owners would agree that had they been in the theater and armed, returning fire would have been pretty useless and dangerous, considering the panic and tear gas.

I have no clue why or how someone would attack really. I'm just assuming that it would be a burglary or something along those lines. Honestly, you're fuged regardless if someone with a firearm wants to harm you. The whole right to bare arms bullshit takes a big hit when you realize that we're currently allowed to purchase and carry weapons, and that law hurt the people in Colorado much more than it dead help them.

Oh FFS please change majors to Poli Sci so your opinions will have proper backing.

I have no clue why or how someone would attack really. I'm just assuming that it would be a burglary or something along those lines. Honestly, you're fuged regardless if someone with a firearm wants to harm you. The whole right to bare arms bullshit takes a big hit when you realize that we're currently allowed to purchase and carry weapons, and that law hurt the people in Colorado much more than it dead help them.

The law didn't hurt those people....a crazy sick fug did. A gun was just his selected means to unleash. Without the gun option.... He could of built a bomb (like in his apartment) and walked in to that theater. That is just one example. If a crazy person wants to harm people......gun laws aren't going to stop them.

1 person likes this

Just because you illegalize a weapon it only makes it worse, because crazy fugers like this guy could give a poo about laws and will get the firearms anyways, bcause just because it is illegal doesn't mean not accessible if you know where to look, believe me its not hard. So the theatre doesn't allow fire arms, so the competent, law abiding citezin doesn't bring one in, but look who does.

I think the problem is many Americans are given the freedom but not are not supported by society to self defend themselves, instead society links gunsto violence. Some have been scared out of owning a gun. You can be like Canada or Euroup and get rid of it all together or like sweden and have a more supporting government of self-defense. How far you guys think thi guy would get if half that theatre had competent gun carriers?

I can't imagine taking away the freedom to defend myself against guys who disregard any kind of 'gun law'. So arming the right, competant people and a supporting self-defense government is a must.

1 person likes this

Most experienced gun owners would agree that had they been in the theater and armed, returning fire would have been pretty useless and dangerous, considering the panic and tear gas.

at least one of the guys killed had training to deal with that kind of situation

at least one of the guys killed had training to deal with that kind of situation

Let's be realistic here, the various scenarios:

a) He miraculously fights off the tear gas, calmly aims in a crowd of screaming and scrambling pedestrians and lands the perfect shot in the head, missing the protection of the helmet to take the guy out.

b)He can't see poo, his eyes have gone to hell and he shoots at the first black figure running past him, who happens to be a young boy.

you tell me what's more likely to happen, it's a horrible situation because once initiated there isn't much anyone can do. Prevention is a much more stable form of handling this problem