33 replies to this topic

#1 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:45 PM

I could be in the minority, but am I the only one that thinks bringing a baby to a midnight premiere is a bit odd? Leave this situation out, why bring a baby to the movies (some would say at all) that late? And if you can't find a baby sitter do you REALLY have to see the movie at that very second?

I'll confess that my perspective could be skewed because I don't have any kids.

#2 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:14 PM

Depends on what news station you tune in to. The age has varied from 3 months to 6 years old.

#3 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:15 PM

I thought it was two different kids? I haven't been tuned all the way in.

#4 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

Me either. They keep claiming this and that. They have no fuging idea.

#5 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:19 PM

yeah... I don't see the point of bringing your 3 month old, but I'm not surprised if that, in fact, happened... people are dumb...

#6 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:29 PM

I've seen parents do this. As a parents we didn't do this but I don't' have a problem with people that do. Some people don't have sitters (family in town that they trust) and the few times I've seen this at theaters the baby sleeps through the whole movie. It's not like a 3 month old knows where they are.\

edit: I take much more issue with the 6 year old being there. A unseen by the parent, violent PG-13 movie at 12 pm. I don't understand how that child was even awake.

#7 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I've seen parents do this. As a parents we didn't do this but I don't' have a problem with people that do. Some people don't have sitters (family in town that they trust) and the few times I've seen this at theaters the baby sleeps through the whole movie. It's not like a 3 month old knows where they are.

a packed midnight showing though?

I think I'd just wait a couple days and catch a Sunday matinee... just my opinion I guess...

#8 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,975 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

a packed midnight showing though?

I think I'd just wait a couple days and catch a Sunday matinee... just my opinion I guess...

Not sure why which day it is matters. Also I imagine parents would rather a late movie so they know the baby will sleep then a movie during the day when they are awake.

As a mom who went through a lot of baby blues but had a lot of great supporting family memebers around I guess i have a hard time judging parents who aren't doing anything that harms their kid (i think we all agree movie theaters are as safe as any where) trying to get out and have a few hours of enjoyement.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I actually talked to my friend who has a young kid about this. While midnight seemed weird to him too, he has brought his young child to movies with his wife before. At that age, their daughter just slept through the entire movie. She's never been much of a crier though I think, so.

#10 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

My chaps are 4 and 6 (totally awesome, they can kick all of your asses) and I personally would not take them to a midnight premier. I took them to see mib3 in the theatre at around 7. They barely made it through. As a father I wouldn't take them to a midnight premier but I am a terrorist according to our government so what does it matter.

#11 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

how are you a terrorist according to our government?

also, I don't think you bring a 3 month old expecting it to watch the movie.

#12 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

The horrible tragedy aside, a 3-month old baby should never be brought to a movie for the sake of the movie goers. Especially an almost 3 hour long movie.

#13 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,905 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

If the parents are willing to take the child out of the theater if it causes a problem, I don't see the issue with bringing a kid that young to a movie theater. I think it isn't the wisest idea to bring a young child to a busy midnight showing, but I don't see an issue with bringing a child - that is likely to sleep through the entire movie - to a movie.

hell I think maybe that age is better than older, since they'll stop sleeping through things once they get a bit older :P

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,383 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

how are you a terrorist according to our government?

Just like the hamburglar is an actual robber

#15 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • 3,477 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 20 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just like the hamburglar is an actual robber

All fun and games until you realize you are an enemy of the state. poo gets sobering quick.

Mav...

http://www.networkwo...be-domestic-ter

http://constitution....egic-report.pdf

And people get upset when I say fug them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com