Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

La Pantera

your starting LBing group and their starting positions

your starting LBing group and their starting position   109 members have voted

1. 1. whos your group

• Kuechly-Beason-Anderson
    • Kuechly-Beason-Davis
    • Beason-Kuechly-Anderson
    • Beason-Kuechly-Davis
    • Davis-Beason-Anderson
    • Davis-Beason-Kuechly
    • Davis-Kuechly-Anderson

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

64 posts in this topic

It all depends on how Davis recovers.

It all depends on how Davis recovers.

Even if he is 100% today....they would be foolish to make him a starter IMO. Situational role player and depth seems to be his best fit going forward.

People forget that Beason was drafted to be an OLB and the only reason he's playing the Mike is because of the injury problems that Morgan had. Beason was also an OLB at Miami.

I want it to be Beason-Keuchly-Davis but I think it will be Keuchly-Beason-Anderson.

1 person likes this

People forget that Beason was drafted to be an OLB and the only reason he's playing the Mike is because of the injury problems that Morgan had. Beason was also an OLB at Miami.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

He was moved to WLB if given a full off season there he will excel, Keuchly is going to be a beast and is better suited to defend the middle because of his height.

Either way, I feel confident that Rivera (former LB) will get the most out of this unit and the defense as a whole.

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go to Will. You can't say one or the other will start in the middle with any certainty until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet. They want to put the best combination out there regardless of egos.

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go too Will. You can't intelligently say one or the other will start in the middle until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet.

Totally agree with this. It'll be a competition, to see who gets the spot. As it should be. Nobody should just be handed the spot.

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.