Photo
- - - - -

your starting LBing group and their starting positions

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

Poll: your starting LBing group and their starting position (109 member(s) have cast votes)

whos your group

1. Voted Kuechly-Beason-Anderson (71 votes [65.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.14%

2. Kuechly-Beason-Davis (6 votes [5.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.50%

3. Beason-Kuechly-Anderson (27 votes [24.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.77%

4. Beason-Kuechly-Davis (1 votes [0.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.92%

5. Davis-Beason-Anderson (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Davis-Beason-Kuechly (3 votes [2.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.75%

7. Davis-Kuechly-Anderson (1 votes [0.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.92%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,688 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

It all depends on how Davis recovers.

#32 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:26 AM

It all depends on how Davis recovers.

Even if he is 100% today....they would be foolish to make him a starter IMO. Situational role player and depth seems to be his best fit going forward.

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:11 AM

People forget that Beason was drafted to be an OLB and the only reason he's playing the Mike is because of the injury problems that Morgan had. Beason was also an OLB at Miami.

#34 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

I want it to be Beason-Keuchly-Davis but I think it will be Keuchly-Beason-Anderson.

#35 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:27 AM

People forget that Beason was drafted to be an OLB and the only reason he's playing the Mike is because of the injury problems that Morgan had. Beason was also an OLB at Miami.

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

#36 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:33 AM

Don't think anyone has forgotten that. But I doesn't change the fact that he's a top 5 MLB and he's played that spot since 2007 and the time he spent at WLB wasn't anything to brag about.

He was moved to WLB if given a full off season there he will excel, Keuchly is going to be a beast and is better suited to defend the middle because of his height.

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

Either way, I feel confident that Rivera (former LB) will get the most out of this unit and the defense as a whole.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:14 PM

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go to Will. You can't say one or the other will start in the middle with any certainty until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet. They want to put the best combination out there regardless of egos.

#39 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:18 PM

Both Kuechly and Beason will start in the middle during the preseason. Who starts in the middle game 1 depends on who plays the best. The other guy will go too Will. You can't intelligently say one or the other will start in the middle until you see them both play. I suspect McDermott and Rivera don't know yet.

Totally agree with this. It'll be a competition, to see who gets the spot. As it should be. Nobody should just be handed the spot.

#40 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,527 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:36 PM

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.

#41 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

IMO, until Keuchly has the communication skills of Beast. He will not be making a permanent move to Mike. It may be inevitable, but it will take some time. More to being vocal than just yaking. He has to know the playbook in and out, he has to recognize defenses, and he has to earn the respect. That takes time. And fortunately, we are in a position to allow him that option.

Beast may some day lose his Mike, and it may even be this year. But Luke will have to improve his communication skills.

That assumes that the Mike has to make the calls on the field which isn't necessarily the case. When Kuechly was in the middle and Beason was at Will in OTAs, Beason still called the base defense and told everyone where to play.

#42 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,790 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

Luke has a better skill set to play MLB than Beason.

Luke hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Calm down.

#43 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

The starting rotation for week one will be Anderson at ROLB, Beason at MLB, and Kuechly at LOLB. Davis will sub in every once in a while but that spot is Kuechly's for now.

I think by the end of the season or next season, Kuechly will be the MLB and Anderson/Beason will play outside.

#44 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:58 PM

And we drafted a kid that prospects even BETTER than Beason at MLB. Silly so many want to dismiss that....

#45 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,944 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

Luke hasn't played a snap in the NFL. Calm down.

Skill set is a skill set....he projects better at MLB than Beason and just everyone else in recent history coming out.

Doesn't mean he will be better.... If he is what he appears he should.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com