Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I always thought pulling a good superman movie off today would be challenging because he’s such an optimist. He really doesn’t have many weaknesses and always stands for what’s right. Which I can understand seeing as when he was created that’s what people needed to see during difficult times but this younger generation is filled with cynics that gravitate towards realism and gore. They basically want everything Superman isn’t lol.

But maybe a story that focuses on his humanity first will work out well this time.

That's the point of Superman.

He's not naively cynical or a knight in sour armor. He's a real hero.

Which, of course, gets him unfairly lambasted as being a children's character.

(On another note, I saw this on YouTube, not in a theater, so when I heard the music from Jackson's Lord of the Rings, I thought it was fan-edited at first.)

Posted

I wish they'd have given us a little more in this, but I am very encouraged by the tone of the trailer. Definitely seems to be a more down to earth style to it, which is going to be tricky given the source material, but if it can be pulled off it'll be great.

Posted

I wish they'd have given us a little more in this, but I am very encouraged by the tone of the trailer. Definitely seems to be a more down to earth style to it, which is going to be tricky given the source material, but if it can be pulled off it'll be great.

The trailer from Comic-Con gives us more, its longer than this one. There's some cell phone of it around on net but Warner Bros takes it down whenever they find it.

Posted

Nolan wrote the script. The trailer looked interesting. IMHO; Superman is a character who is just too out of touch with our culture. Those awful reboots didn't help, either.