Photo
- - - - -

Anyone a fan of D-Will on Facebook? He is getting flamed bad...

Deangelo williams

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#46 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

DeAngelo Williams

Example #836 of why professional athletes should not be on twitter or have public Facebook pages. At least the athletes worth a poo shouldn't.

#47 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,719 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

here is an interesting article on the debate about "politicizing a tragedy." i feel it's relevant here.

But is it important to politicize it before the victims are even buried?? And this thread started out about race, not about gun control or what political party he belonged to which was the politicizing angle.

#48 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

"Should have known u another thug making money off of what God gave you"

Damn...and the true feelings come out

i didn't care about this thread until i saw your sig

#49 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:56 PM

He says it's his personal page like that's supposed to make people back off. I thought it was pretty funny him calling those that opposed his post "closed minded" when he himself is the one that is "closed minded" since he brought up the race card. Also thought that it was funny he brought up that he didn't make it like that makes a difference. He posted it, so that means he supports most if not all of what it says. If he didnt agree with it at all, why would he post it? If a person that supports the ideology of Nazism re-posts something that he didn't make that was pro-Nazi, how could that NOT mean he doesn't agree with it? And how does him not being the original creator of the pro-Nazi post free him from blame? He re-posted it for a reason! DeAngelo thinks people are stupid, but we aren't. It was a terrible post and it's a shame he did that.

So no one can disagree with something and re-post it asking for opinions?

#50 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,437 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

if he disagreed with it, wouldn't he have said so?

#51 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,030 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

Except this is not what happened here. His previous posts were hinting at race and then he dropped the big one with the post of the meme to confirm that he believes race is the reason why the killer is being called a suspect. Which is incredibly stupid.

#52 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:04 PM

if he disagreed with it, wouldn't he have said so?

Wasn't referring to Williams in particular, just disagree with the logic that re-posting something and asking for opinions automatically means you support it.

#53 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,030 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Wasn't referring to Williams in particular, just disagree with the logic that re-posting something and asking for opinions automatically means you support it.

My post had nothing to do with asking questions about it. Just simply posting it.

#54 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:10 PM

My post had nothing to do with asking questions about it. Just simply posting it.

You specifically said

He posted it, so that means he supports most if not all of what it says. If he didnt agree with it at all, why would he post it?

If you wanna say his previous post show he supports it that fine. But to just say him simply posting it means he agrees is retarded.

#55 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Wasn't that suspect found in the trunk of that car a few years back? Pretty sure the cops didn't pop ole gangster Ray on the spot

#56 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,030 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

You specifically said

If you wanna say his previous post show he supports it that fine. But to just say him simply posting it means he agrees is retarded.

His previous posts show he agrees with it. And yes simply posting something means you support it.

Posting something like this:

Posted Image

Is different than posting something like this:

Saw this the other day and thought it was aweful. What do you think?
Posted Image

If you saw the first post you would believe the person is a white supremacist. Why else would he post it? It's a picture that supports his view.

DeAngelo posted an image that expressed his opinion. He didn't say he disagreed with it. And his previous posts show that he believes what the meme says.

#57 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,055 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

White people scare the sh#t out of me.

#58 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:21 PM

His previous posts show he agrees with it. And yes simply posting something means you support it.

Posting something like this:

Is different than posting something like this:

If you saw the first post you would believe the person is a white supremacist. Why else would he post it? It's a picture that supports his view.

DeAngelo posted an image that expressed his opinion. He didn't say he disagreed with it. And his previous posts show that he believes what the meme says.

I will just agree to disagree. IMO to assume someone agrees with something because they post it asking for opinions is retarded

#59 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,945 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

Learned this is a Sociology class this past year at the University I attend.

Post's made like the meme reflect the exact opposite of what they are trying to convey.

The white race is predominantly pointed out as the only racist group of individuals in the world. However, these types of post's prove otherwise. The white race gets stereotyped as the only racist group of individuals in the world based on prior history. Stereotyping is indeed a form of prejudice or racism whether one chooses to believe it or not.

From what I inferred from that meme is the following...

African-American's = Thugs
Hispanic = Illegal Immigrants
Middle Eastern = Terrorists
Caucasian = Racists

The problem with the world today is just like it was 50 years before now, and 100 years before then.

We still judge people on their skin color rather than their character.

Just thought I'd share...

#60 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,294 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:26 PM

I will just agree to disagree. IMO to assume someone agrees with something because they post it asking for opinions is retarded

As a stand alone action you are correct....

His point is Williams began addressing his views before posting that image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Deangelo williams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com