Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The NCAA Dropkicks Penn State

106 posts in this topic

Posted

I mean...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Still thinking keeping it under wraps didn't cause a competitive advantage?

Posted

http://www.charlotte...-statutory.html

Yeah 'you're community' would never do such a thing.

My community doesnt look to pass off pedophilia as "normal" or OK when all time wins records are at stake. One old man's image and legacy isnt more valuable in my community than the welfare of children.

Posted

You've talked to Paterno?

He thinks he has. Dude knows a friend of a friend of a cousin who fetched gatorade for Joe Pa, now he's vouching for his character like he knows him. LOL.

Posted

My community doesnt look to pass off pedophilia as "normal" or OK when all time wins records are at stake. One old man's image and legacy isnt more valuable in my community than the welfare of children.

Our community doesn't look to pass of pedolphilla as normal either. Just because media likes to showcase the idiots doesn't show what the rest of community has been doing.

Just an example ... RAINN

I'm sure there will be events in the future to help raise money as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

You've talked to Paterno?

Actually, my in-laws do know the Paterno's. And, another friend of theirs played at PSU and was a graduate assistant for Paterno during that time.

So, yes...I do have info and a perspective that none of you do.

Did Paterno fug up big time? Yes.

Posted

I assume by "your community", you are referring to African Americans. We almost forgot that everything with you is about race.

So keep talking about "your community....you know that community that represents over 70% of the people in prison.

You racist bastard.

Posted

I do not defend or support the actions and inactions of Paterno and the rest of PSU leadership. They screwed up big time and innocent children paid the price.

The sanctions against the university were severe but were also warranted. A message had to be sent that deciding to ignore the issue and convince themselves that it was a misunderstanding was NOT their decision to make. Just the accusation or possibility of abuse should have warranted them contacting the authorities.

However, I still do not believe that Paterno knowingly covered up for a pedophile. The intent to put children at risk was not there (based on what I know about the man from my in-laws). Now, I may be totally wrong with my opinion and he may have hid this side from role he knew. I don't know what was in his mind....and neither do any of you.

We can logically judge his actions and inactions. But none of us know what he really "knew" and what was his intent.

Posted

However, I still do not believe that Paterno knowingly covered up for a pedophile.

Except he did.

Posted

Actually, my in-laws do know the Paterno's. And, another friend of theirs played at PSU and was a graduate assistant for Paterno during that time.

So, yes...I do have info and a perspective that none of you do.

Did Paterno fug up big time? Yes.

But you said to Husker

You are talking out of your ass again. you never met the man...you never talked to the man...you have no idea what he thought about anything.

So.... neither have you

Posted

Yeah but he knows someone who did.

Same thing.

Posted

Just as an aside, I've met Graham Spanier twice ( he used to be the chancellor at UNL). Very nice guy. Several people in my family, including my grandmother, were on his email distribution list for his movie reviews.

/tweet

//lookatme

Posted

Hatter why do you try? Husker and Panthro both think they're the JoePa of this message board.