• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#61 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hatter after seeing you go to bat for pedophiles and the folks who protect them I dont ever want to see you attack the morality or character of pro athletes again. Youre more concerned with Joe Pa's tarnished image then a bunch of little boys getting raped and sodomized by gray haired old men. I see why crimes against kids and abuse is so rampant in your community.

http://www.charlotte...-statutory.html

Yeah 'you're community' would never do such a thing.

#62 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hatter after seeing you go to bat for pedophiles and the folks who protect them I dont ever want to see you attack the morality or character of pro athletes again. Youre more concerned with Joe Pa's tarnished image then a bunch of little boys getting raped and sodomized by gray haired old men. I see why crimes against kids and abuse is so rampant in your community.

I'm not going to bat for the ex-psu leaders. I'm not going to attack my fellow PSU fans that still support PSU or still support JoePa. He meant a hell of a lot more than just a football coach to the PSU community. That invested emotional attachment to JoePa for many many years makes it hard to fathom he would have had a part in this. It's going to take a lot of time maybe years before a good portion of the community can adjust.

To the outside community, there is just one issue all lumped together. To PSU community there are two. One that all, but a few dumbshits that every fan base has, who feel an enormous amount of sympathy for the children Sandusky abused. The other is dealing with someone who has been held to a father like figure being a part of the disgusting scandal. It's like finding out your father or grandfather who you've held to such a high regard all your life might of been protecting his friend and his own legacy instead of protecting the children that suffer. It's hard to come to terms with. And while your dealing with it your being slammed by the rest of the world for your disbelief of what has been said. There's probably a third issue and that's defending the communities right to move forward and still have a football team and program where no one involved had nothing to do with this disgusting tragedy. That community by the way includes the victims who some have come forward and are PSU football fans.

It's easy for those that had no emotional attachment for PSU football and those that had an hate for PSU football before hand to condemn everyone involved right away. It's going to take more time for some the PSU football fans to do the same. We're still in shock and disbelief.

None of this makes the actions of PSU community free from scrutiny from the world. Just means I'm not going to slam my fellow PSU fans for stuff they are having a tough time dealing with.

#63 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

Which is why the rest of the country has been snickering for years about how bizarre the hero-worship had become there, even before this scandal became public.

#64 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,182 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

I just found it amazingly insular when I attended a game there as a fan of an opposing team.

Remotely located and isolated, and with JoePa as a godlike figure...guess hindsight is 20/20 but mebbe we shoulda seen something bad coming.

Not THIS bad but something...

#65 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:28 PM

No kidding. You don't wait for someone to literally die of old age as a coach only because they wield more power than anyone else at the school. JoePa always held himself in higher regards than the university itself, and the vast majority of PSU nation worshipped at his alter. And still do, as it turns out.

#66 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,819 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

KT, the day that I give two shits about your opinion is the day that I kill myself. I could absolutely care less what your worthless and racists piece of poo ass thinks.

I never supported or defended Sandusky. I now believe that PSU is getting what they deserve based on the facts that have come to light.

Please do us all a favor and throw yourself into oncomng traffic. And, if you tell me where you will do it, I will be happy to drive the car that puts us all out of our misery.

#67 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,819 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:44 PM

No kidding. You don't wait for someone to literally die of old age as a coach only because they wield more power than anyone else at the school. JoePa always held himself in higher regards than the university itself, and the vast majority of PSU nation worshipped at his alter. And still do, as it turns out.

JoePa did not hold himself in higher regard of anything. You are talking out of your ass again. you never met the man...you never talked to the man...you have no idea what he thought about anything.

You assume that he continued coaching only to obtain the record. That may be true....and it also may be true that he loved coaching and wanted to continue doing it as long as he was able.

Your long standing hatred for PSU and JoePa is as ridiculous and disgusting as those who continue to worship him today. You hated the program and him long before any of this happened.

#68 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

You've talked to Paterno?

#69 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,501 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

JoePa did not hold himself in higher regard of anything. You are talking out of your ass again. you never met the man...you never talked to the man...you have no idea what he thought about anything.

You assume that he continued coaching only to obtain the record. That may be true....and it also may be true that he loved coaching and wanted to continue doing it as long as he was able.

Your long standing hatred for PSU and JoePa is as ridiculous and disgusting as those who continue to worship him today. You hated the program and him long before any of this happened.

Aww, that's so sweet.

Meanwhile he held that program back for close to a decade, wasn't involved in any game plan prep, didn't wear a headset during the games, and didn't recruit unless the recruit came to him.

Lots of people would like to do what they love and get paid millions of dollars forever, but seemingly everywhere except Penn State, people are judged on merit and not what they did 30 years prior.

#70 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

With the vacating wins, does that also vacate the stats individual players put up? For example Silas has the chance to be all time yardage leader at the end of this season for PSU. Did the NCAA take away everything he has earned in the past seasons?

#71 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,442 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

With the vacating wins, does that also vacate the stats individual players put up? For example Silas has the chance to be all time yardage leader at the end of this season for PSU. Did the NCAA take away everything he has earned in the past seasons?

I hope they do not.

None of the players were given a competitive advantage by the actions and inactions of Penn State coaches and administrators.

I think the stripping of the wins was basically a symbolic move to say we don't want someone tied to this scandal to be recognized as the all time wins leader.

I personally don't think Paterno should be credited with most of those wins anyway because while he was officially the head coach, he was more of a mascot for the later years of his career. He did very little actual coaching.

#72 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

The athletes were not at fault but benefited because it was kept hidden

#73 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,821 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:36 PM

I mean...

http://espn.go.com/c...nior-linebacker

Still thinking keeping it under wraps didn't cause a competitive advantage?

#74 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

http://www.charlotte...-statutory.html

Yeah 'you're community' would never do such a thing.

My community doesnt look to pass off pedophilia as "normal" or OK when all time wins records are at stake. One old man's image and legacy isnt more valuable in my community than the welfare of children.

#75 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

You've talked to Paterno?

He thinks he has. Dude knows a friend of a friend of a cousin who fetched gatorade for Joe Pa, now he's vouching for his character like he knows him. LOL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com