105 replies to this topic

#76 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

My community doesnt look to pass off pedophilia as "normal" or OK when all time wins records are at stake. One old man's image and legacy isnt more valuable in my community than the welfare of children.

Our community doesn't look to pass of pedolphilla as normal either. Just because media likes to showcase the idiots doesn't show what the rest of community has been doing.

Just an example ... RAINN

I'm sure there will be events in the future to help raise money as well.

#77 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,746 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

You've talked to Paterno?

Actually, my in-laws do know the Paterno's. And, another friend of theirs played at PSU and was a graduate assistant for Paterno during that time.

So, yes...I do have info and a perspective that none of you do.

Did Paterno fug up big time? Yes.

#78 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

My community doesnt look to pass off pedophilia as "normal" or OK when all time wins records are at stake. One old man's image and legacy isnt more valuable in my community than the welfare of children.

I assume by "your community", you are referring to African Americans. We almost forgot that everything with you is about race.

So keep talking about "your community....you know that community that represents over 70% of the people in prison.

You racist bastard.

#79 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,746 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

I do not defend or support the actions and inactions of Paterno and the rest of PSU leadership. They screwed up big time and innocent children paid the price.

The sanctions against the university were severe but were also warranted. A message had to be sent that deciding to ignore the issue and convince themselves that it was a misunderstanding was NOT their decision to make. Just the accusation or possibility of abuse should have warranted them contacting the authorities.

However, I still do not believe that Paterno knowingly covered up for a pedophile. The intent to put children at risk was not there (based on what I know about the man from my in-laws). Now, I may be totally wrong with my opinion and he may have hid this side from role he knew. I don't know what was in his mind....and neither do any of you.

We can logically judge his actions and inactions. But none of us know what he really "knew" and what was his intent.

#80 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:40 PM

However, I still do not believe that Paterno knowingly covered up for a pedophile.

Except he did.

#81 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Actually, my in-laws do know the Paterno's. And, another friend of theirs played at PSU and was a graduate assistant for Paterno during that time.

So, yes...I do have info and a perspective that none of you do.

Did Paterno fug up big time? Yes.

But you said to Husker

You are talking out of your ass again. you never met the man...you never talked to the man...you have no idea what he thought about anything.

So.... neither have you

#82 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah but he knows someone who did.

Same thing.

#83 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Just as an aside, I've met Graham Spanier twice ( he used to be the chancellor at UNL). Very nice guy. Several people in my family, including my grandmother, were on his email distribution list for his movie reviews.

/tweet

//lookatme

#84 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

Hatter why do you try? Husker and Panthro both think they're the JoePa of this message board.

#85 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,764 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Hatter why do you try? Husker and Panthro both think they're the JoePa of this message board.

And you are the Sandusky of Pizza Inn

#86 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

And you are the Sandusky of Pizza Inn

Great pizza. All you can eat. I defy thee to think of two better phrases.

On second thought, I take that back. You live for challenges like this. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

And Hatter, seriously, you aren't going to win here. I understand what you're saying. But you're on a liberal board. Facts is facts.

#87 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

lol the liberals are out to get ya. Just like the wicked NCAA.

Here's a suggestion DON'T PUT YOUR DICK IN LITTLE BOYS' MOUTHS AND BUTTHOLES AND THIS WON'T BE A PROBLEM.

#88 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

lol the liberals are out to get ya. Just like the wicked NCAA.

Here's a suggestion DON'T PUT YOUR DICK IN LITTLE BOYS' MOUTHS AND BUTTHOLES AND THIS WON'T BE A PROBLEM.

Unless you are a black icon like Michael. Then we'll defend you.

#89 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,918 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

Well it could have been worse. Much worse...

If Penn State had not accepted the package of NCAA sanctions announced Monday, the Nittany Lions faced a historic death penalty of four years, university president Rodney Erickson told "Outside the Lines" on Wednesday afternoon.

In a separate interview, NCAA president Mark Emmert confirmed that a core group of NCAA school presidents had agreed early last week that an appropriate punishment was no Penn State football for four years.

Erickson said if Penn State did not agree to the sanctions, a formal investigation would have begun and the university could have faced a multiyear death penalty, as well as "other sanctions," including a financial penalty far greater than $60 million.

Also, there may be some strife b/w the board of trustee members and the president....this could get uglier

Erickson's comments were made Wednesday afternoon, shortly before he was scheduled to meet with Penn State's Board of Trustees about the terms of the consent decree he signed with the NCAA. Several trustees said they are furious the board was not given a chance to vote on the agreement, which they say is bad for Penn State.

Erickson said his insistence that Penn State must avoid the death penalty was driven in large part with worry over the devastating economic impact of no Saturday afternoon football in central Pennsylvania and the words of newly hired coach Bill O'Brien.

O'Brien said in an interview Wednesday that he told Erickson, "I want to play football and I want to play football on television."

Some trustees said they are considering a bid to overturn the consent decree in court because they don't believe Erickson had the authority to sign it. Erickson consulted with board chairwoman Karen Peetz, acting AD Dave Joyner and several other unnamed members of the board's executive committee, he said Wednesday.

#90 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:57 PM

Nice. Let's blackmail a university with threats of a 4 year death penalty. I understood the need to punish the school even though it effected players and coaches who had nothing to do with it. But they way they got PSU to agree to it just seems shady.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com