Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BiG_E_DuB

WR Louis Murphy Traded to Panthers!

282 posts in this topic

My impression of Murphy, from what I've seen of him: tall, fast in a straight line, tough and willing blocker, not a smooth and natural catcher of the ball, resembles a track athlete playing football more than a natural football player, frustrated by press coverage at times, somewhat sloppy running routes. Doesn't play special teams, which could hurt his chances of making the roster if it's a close battle with Pilares or AE. Raiders liked to give him the ball on reverses, despite the fact that he doesn't seem to posses natural instincts as a runner. I think he has potential as a slot reciever. Reminds me more of Drew Carter than Gettis. Presents a tough matchup for defenses because of his size/speed combo.

Well we have our 6 WRs now. Smith, LaFell, Gettis, Pilares, Adams, and Murphy.

For anybody who cares... With the Murphy for Otah swap we picked up $200,000 in salary. No big deal really

Guys guys guys this isn't official until its njpanthers12 official!!

that's funny because when it's NJ12 official, it's usually Joe Person official...

If Murphy is HALF as good as his highlights suggest, he's good enough for #3.

Our Mushin Muhammad 2.0 that we been looking for since after the 09' season.

I think it's a little early to give him that crown lol...

I think it's a little early to give him that crown lol...

Well he does appear to signal his own first downs before the official, so he has that Moose trait down.

more like after 2004..

Hopefully he makes the most of this opportunity. I've actually watched Murphy play due to having a few Raiders on Fantasy teams over the past few years and the guy does have skill. I believe he has a chance to seriously compete for either the #2 or #3 job. Anyone know if Murphy was friends with Cam at Florida? I'm sure Chud/Rivera are familiar with Murphy back in their Chargers days.