Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeff Otah traded to the Jets

330 posts in this topic

Posted

guess the jets are looking to improve the second-string QB position

Posted

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

The conditional picks in the Otah and Murphy trades are in the same late round, so its essentially a player swap for Carolina...

This Murphy guy just became a 1st round draft pick essentially then... I sure as hell hope that he can come in and pull a Victor Cruz/Miles Austin...

Knee jerk reaction for trades today:

WR---- sounds great

Otah--- got robbed by Jesus and Foot fetish

Add them together and you get.... Well we'll just have to wait and see how this pans out... For fugs sake though... Please work out in our favor!

Posted

ballsy move to cut him right before training camp of his contract season. sends a message for sure.

Posted

Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanfora

The conditional picks in the Otah and Murphy trades are in the same late round, so its essentially a player swap for Carolina...

Talk about cutting your losses. A 1st for a late rounder a few years later is a pretty big loss.

Posted

good ole Hurney

Posted

I think even if Otah was healthy all season, we wouldn't have had extended him after next season... so this way, we are getting a 6th or 7th out of him. What would you guys want, a 6th or 7th, or a chance at Otah having a mauler season here? stupid trade!

Posted

I think even if Otah was healthy, we wouldn't have had extended him after next season... so this way, we are getting a 6th or 7th out of him. What would you guys want, a 6th or 7th, or a chance at Otah having a mauler season here?

But just think! A 6th or a 7th could get us another punter! :D

Posted

ballsy move to cut him right before training camp of his contract season. sends a message for sure.

he doesn't have a passion for football, and Rivera knows it.

As injury prone as he is, you know how bad Davis wants to be on the field and he's very open about it during his rehab process. There's like a Davis rehab article every month with quotes directly from him. When it comes to Otah however, his coaches and GM are the ones vouching for him during rehab.

Posted

Why do I feel like Rex Ryan is about to turn this joker into a pro bowler???

Anybody else have an eerie feeling that he's gonna ball out up there?

Man I hope not.... That would truly be a shame!

Posted

Why do I feel like Rex Ryan is about to turn this joker into a pro bowler???

Anybody else have an eerie feeling that he's gonna ball out up there?

Man I hope not.... That would truly be a shame!

feel the same way.

Posted

Trading Otah at least frees up a roster spot for someone that actually play, not someone that will just mope around and complain about athlete's foot or some other injury he has.

The Panthers get a pick (albeit a late one) and open up a roster spot for someone else, possibly a special teams player; maybe someone like D.J. Campbell.

Posted

Pretty obvious he had talent when on the field, but that was a rarity. Everyone should be able to figure out why we just traded him. Rivera tried to get his act together and it didn't happen, for whatever reason. Otah was dead weight, even when coach Ron called him out nothing changed with him. So the dead weight was "cut loose." It's a statement to what's being built in Carolina, and the type of coach we have (it's a good thing.)