Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It has become obviously clear..

40 posts in this topic

Posted

In Rivera I trust.

1 person likes this

Posted

Just bc he was a nice story doesnt mean he is any good....he could get someone hurt.

Okay he was as good as it gets for an undrafted rookie being put in a starting role. Who you want ? Who? Tell me who. Shut up and let the kid play.

Posted

Love the culture around this team, love that Ron Rivera is our head coach. I hope we start seeing results sooner or later

Posted

As soon as Rivera was inked, I had a very good feeling about our culture. It has grown into a neverending volcanic eruption of optimism...caint hep mysef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUSvMOJ2M_k&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted

Otah wouldn't of rode the pine all yr....they would have cut him. Roster spot would have been open.

This right here is funny

Posted

Yup, it's the antithesis of the Fox regime and it's about time.

Posted

Just to counter the OP...What could we get for a guy who has a history of one of the most serious injuries(Thomas Davis and ACLs)?

Posted

Just to counter the OP...What could we get for a guy who has a history of one of the most serious injuries(Thomas Davis and ACLs)?

I see what you are getting at, however it is more about the simple fact of being a Carolina Panther.

Otah did not exemplify what it means to be a Carolina Panther, so he was shipped out. Traded, cut, anything... If you play the Panther way, D-Will, Beason, Kalil, Johnson, you will be retained, rewarded, and even arguably overpaid.

I understand TD's trade value is not the same, but how many teams would even give a guy with 3 ACL's surgeries an opportunity? We did, because he 'keeps pounding' :)

Posted

I agree. I'd just lol if I were a gm and got a call about trading for a guy with TDs history.

Posted

I see what you are getting at, however it is more about the simple fact of being a Carolina Panther.

Otah did not exemplify what it means to be a Carolina Panther, so he was shipped out. Traded, cut, anything... If you play the Panther way, D-Will, Beason, Kalil, Johnson, you will be retained, rewarded, and even arguably overpaid.

I understand TD's trade value is not the same, but how many teams would even give a guy with 3 ACL's surgeries an opportunity? We did, because he 'keeps pounding' :)

They attempted to make Peppers the richest defensive player in the NFL a season after looking like he was in la la land and didn't give a poo per 95% of the board.

Hurney magic?

Posted

Rivera is no joke. Otah had his chances for years. He had to establish himself to rivera, clearly he failed miserably.

Posted

In speaking with a player I know several months ago he stopped short of saying Otah was lazy but inferred that he could have done more in rehab to prepare. He then said T Davis was one that went at rehab like he was playing the Superbowl. I guess his point was Rivera wants to see effort and Otah did not show enough of it.