Photo
- - - - -

If the Panthers are going to the playoffs this season...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,403 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:22 AM

...Cam needs to be Captain Crunchtime. Meaning, he performs his best in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. There were situations in 2011 where Cam had the ball in his hands at the end of the game with a chance to win or tie, and came up short.

Will someone please make me a picture of Cam Newton with Captain Crunch's uniform on him, in the spirit that he will be Captain Crunchtime in 2012?

#2 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:25 AM

Cam was a rookie last year trying to overcome one of the worst defenses in the league.

#3 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,474 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:04 AM

We led late in plenty of our losses, and would have looked a lot better in the later stages of games if the D did anything at all.

He'll be fine.

#4 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:36 AM

The last thing i'm worried about is his ability to close. He's got a few trophy's that addresses thise concerns.

#5 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

Not worried about Cam in this regard... see the Iron Bowl.

He does need to evolve some @ the NFL level (just as any second year player does) but I also think our play calling needs to evolve to put him in better position as a second year player to close out games.

#6 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

No need to worry he can handle the pressure!

#7 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

This one might give you a better idea.

#8 pOpCoRnPoPpEr

pOpCoRnPoPpEr

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts
  • LocationPrison

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

lol this isn't college and the OP is right. He needs to step up in the 4th quarter. John Elway isn't a legend because he throw for a million yards no he's a legend because he won ball games. Many in the clutch.

#9 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,593 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

...Cam needs to be Captain Crunchtime. Meaning, he performs his best in the 4th quarter with the game on the line. There were situations in 2011 where Cam had the ball in his hands at the end of the game with a chance to win or tie, and came up short.

Will someone please make me a picture of Cam Newton with Captain Crunch's uniform on him, in the spirit that he will be Captain Crunchtime in 2012?

even when he did it.....the refs would call a phantom holding call and Mare would miss an easy chip shot.

I think if we are going to win....the D and ST simply have to not be HUGE liabilities. Offense can score. That will make us a postseason team. But yeah, to be a good postseason team Cam will need to play big in big moments (but that is Cam what has always been known for....playing better the bigger the stage).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com