Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Kalil: We Will Win SB XLVII

135 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't see anyone saying this in 2010

I love the confidence and hope and wish he is right.

Posted

I didn't see anyone saying this in 2010

I love the confidence and hope and wish he is right.

I don't really ever remember hearing this being said at any point other than maybe before the 04 season. Hopefully when TC opens up we can see exactly how much urgency there is but maybe Cam's winning attitude is starting to rub off on these guys.

1 person likes this

Posted

yep mom and sister are hot.

matt-kalil-mom-and-sister.jpg?w=600

1 person likes this

Posted

Now that I've seen the actual ad and RANDOM words CAPITALIZED, I'm convinced either TCF or AKpantherfan ghostwrote it.

Posted

Now that I've seen the actual ad and RANDOM words CAPITALIZED, I'm convinced either TCF or AKpantherfan ghostwrote it.

Uhhhh.... When I capitalize words it's for emphasis, and there's nothing wrong with it, especially on a message board. Maybe you should go out there and clean up all of the "personal attacks" going on in this forum.

But what do I know RIGHT? Lol

1 person likes this

Posted

Just a friendly reference no need to get UPSET. Certain posters here just have a DISTINCTIVE style that sets them APART. ;)

1 person likes this

Posted

Well, the offense isn't the worry...I believe Kalil and company are good enough.

It is the D that needs to feel this way

Posted

I like this coming from Kalil as well. It carries more weight to me since he really does not come off as a mouthy attention ***** like some others around the league who have made bold predictions in the past.

Also, the first thing that came to mind since this seems so out of character is that he was not impressed or confident in Otah and is now very happy that a decision to remove him and the underwhelming effort and perpetual lack of consistency he brought to the unit. Maybe its just a coincidence.

I was always in the camp hoping and praying that Jeff was truly coming back from injury and doing all that was necessary to get back to his rookie form. This news from Kalil while encouraging and cute puts me at ease that the right decision was made.

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't see the point in making this kind of statement. You're dealing in the absurd since you don't know what tomorrow will bring. It's more arrogance than it is confidence. A humble person realizes that you don't control every factor in this world. You work hard and hopefully you receive the fruits of your labor.

Saying you're going to win prior to having the match is arrogant and shows a lack of respect for the opponent.

Posted

I don't see the point in making this kind of statement. You're dealing in the absurd since you don't know what tomorrow will bring. It's more arrogance than it is confidence. A humble person realizes that you don't control every factor in this world. You work hard and hopefully you receive the fruits of your labor.

Saying you're going to win prior to having the match is arrogant and shows a lack of respect for the opponent.

The only thing important here to me is who is saying this and not what was said. I agree with your premise (and others) of showing it on the field and to show respect for the opponent. I also agree that you can have high goals without advertising it.

The source is what is intriguing here. As far as I can tell this is something out of character for Kalil and it comes on the heels of a major transaction involving a first round draft pick in the unit he is the leader of. I give him a pass. The guy sounds genuinely excited to me and most likely regrets having said it already.

Posted

its called swag. but until the defense can prove they can get off the field,the only super bowl we will see is that of some lucky charms.

Posted

It's main steam for all Sports fans now... Mike and Mike just did a piece on it on my way in to work.

Golic liked it! Said "it was very well written and that if you're a Panthers fan, you have to love it"