Ryan Kalil: We Will Win SB XLVII

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#91 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,955 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Exactly! No one will remember this in 2 maybe 3 days. It will be brought up maybe once every couple of games when an announcer talks about ryan kalil making a good or bad play, and then they will also bring up his off season coments about the superbowl thats its.

3 days from now it will be a non- story....only to be brought up when we make the postseason......maybe.

#92 Woodie

Woodie

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Psychologically speaking, the chances of accomplishing a goal are much higher if you publicly announce them.

So in this case, I think this is actually a good thing. If Kalil was a recognized loudmouth, it probably wouldn't be taken very seriously, but since he is well respected and typically quiet, I think it will have a good influence.

#93 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

annnnddd this is why I will be rocking a Kalil jersey this season.

#94 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

Psychologically speaking, the chances of accomplishing a goal are much higher if you publicly announce them.

So in this case, I think this is actually a good thing. If Kalil was a recognized loudmouth, it probably wouldn't be taken very seriously, but since he is well respected and typically quiet, I think it will have a good influence.

Good way of putting it.

#95 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:53 PM

Surprisingly Cowherd puts it pretty well...

http://espn.go.com/n...ises-super-bowl

#96 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Kalil>Chuck Norris

#97 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,496 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Ryan Kalil is currently one of the top things trending on twitter. Good publicity.

#98 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,640 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:23 PM

I think Matt Kalil is probably going to "trending" as well since Jared Allen was crackin fun at the rookie. So Kalil is probably a popular item today.

#99 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

Exactly! No one will remember this in 2 maybe 3 days. It will be brought up maybe once every couple of games when an announcer talks about ryan kalil making a good or bad play, and then they will also bring up his off season coments about the superbowl thats its.

I will remember this. I will remember it all of training camp, during all of the preseason games, opening day, throughout the season, our home playoff game, the NFC Championship and then the Super Bowl. Even if it doesn't come true, I will remember this year as special because the team I root for had enough balls to put it out there. He has made me more confident, it has to affect the team in the same way. I actually and literally smiled as I read each line. Ryan Kalil has made 2012 a year to remember already and has turned the already loud anticipation up to 11!!

We are coming!

#100 shinallsm

shinallsm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:46 PM

When i say "NO ONE" I obviously dont mean panther fans, it was more meant towards the media, and bandwagon fans. Not to mention its not coming from a marquee player such as a michael vick dream team comment. Not saying that Kalil isn't a great player but he doesn't get the attention Vick does for obvious reasons. Thanks for making it known you are a panthers fan as if thats not obvious since you are on a panther forum?

#101 The Special One

The Special One

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

Gotta love Ryan, funny guy.

#102 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

When i say "NO ONE" I obviously dont mean panther fans, it was more meant towards the media, and bandwagon fans. Not to mention its not coming from a marquee player such as a michael vick dream team comment. Not saying that Kalil isn't a great player but he doesn't get the attention Vick does for obvious reasons. Thanks for making it known you are a panthers fan as if thats not obvious since you are on a panther forum?

I dont think your casual Panther fans will remember. After a couple of wins and espn slobbin all over our balls, I probably wont either.

#103 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

How could you hate this?

This is exactly what we want from the team. Between this and every man on the roster coming to the voluntary workout it shows we're being represented by the hungriest team in the NFL. As a Charlotte resident who's had to endure the Panthers being terrible, a heart-wrenching loss in the Super Bowl, and the embarassment that is the Bobcats, this is the downright inspiring.

Maybe the rest of the country will forget by the end of the week but I think that's what beautiful about it. If it was Cam making a bold statement than the talking heads would scrutinize over it for months. It was the hometown hero talking directly to us, telling the fans that they're giving it their all for us. I haven't been this excited since the 2004 playoffs and this is what sports are all about to me. Is it bold, yeah. But if you don't think this team is capable with all cylinders firing then you're a cynic, not a realist.

Buying my Elite jersey right freaking now. We hear you Kalil, let's do it.

#104 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,112 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

I will not take nothing away from Khalil. I hope the dream comes true for him and the rest of the team and us fans. We must believe in our team. Go Panthers!! :)

#105 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,333 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:26 PM

No, No. Don't take that the wrong way. I didn't mean "how dare you say no one will remeber it", I agree with you......"no one" as in the rest of the world will forget it in no time.
But all of us will remeber it, including me and you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com