Photo
- - - - -

Our Defensive Schemes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#25 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:35 PM

McD was hired by Rivera precisely because they share the same vision. These guys have things up their sleeves the like we ain't never seen.

Hybrid. That is the base D of the future. We have a ton of these type players. A mixologist wet dream. Toys for Rivera and McD. Call it what you will. They're all just pawns to manuvuer around. We will attack you from anywhere with anyone at anytime. What would you call that? A pipe dream? lol

You folks ain't seen nothin yet. Which just pumps the ol giddy up a notch.

#26 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:00 PM

We will be mostly be playing in a 4-3 scheme this season. Once in a while Ron will use the 3-4 to confuse offenses. If TD stays healthy through preseason and the first few weeks of the regular season. I see Ron using the 3-4 a little more with Luke, Beason, Anderson, and TD. It all depends on if these guys stay healthy.

#27 Mage

Mage

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

We could play a 3-4.

Just not well.

#28 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

We could play a 3-4.

Just not well.

That's why we are mainly playing 4-3 for. LOL

#29 Mage

Mage

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:10 PM

That's why we are mainly playing 4-3 for. LOL

Well yeah haha, but I was mainly responding to the guy trying to explain we have the personnel for the 3-4.

Hardy might have the size for it but he would not be a good fit. Every single player in our front seven would be out of where they fit best sans Edwards and even then, he isn't that good of an NT.

#30 Pantherman

Pantherman

HUDDLER

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Well yeah haha, but I was mainly responding to the guy trying to explain we have the personnel for the 3-4.

Hardy might have the size for it but he would not be a good fit. Every single player in our front seven would be out of where they fit best sans Edwards and even then, he isn't that good of an NT.

For us to play 3-4 at a full time bases. We need a real good and healthy LB core and a good secondary to go along with that. Then we might play with the 3-4 alot more like GB does. But for now we have just enough good talent to play some solid 4-3. I'm ok with 4-3.