Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanceUSMC

Just one more reason we have the league's best owner

67 posts in this topic

Funny how quickly every one forgest the 2-14 debaucle that clearly was JR's creation. And frankly he was dead wrong. He blew up the team expecting a long holdout well into the 2011 season which never happened. While all that is ancient history, he is surely not the best owner in the league and a few nice moments doesn't erase the way he gutted the team. We are still feeling the effects as we speak.

Amazing.

Funny how quickly every one forgest the 2-14 debaucle that clearly was JR's creation. And frankly he was dead wrong. He blew up the team expecting a long holdout well into the 2011 season which never happened. While all that is ancient history, he is surely not the best owner in the league and a few nice moments doesn't erase the way he gutted the team. We are still feeling the effects as we speak.

I do hope you're joking.

I knew when I wrote it that people would criticize me for pointing out the past. Don't get me wrong, it is great he was considerate of the guy and he has done other things in the community and for Wofford and the list goes on. I don't dispute he is philanthropic and can be very considerate. But there are two sides to JR. One side is the guy who makes time to go to a funeral, the other side is the business guy firing his own sons. I just don't think that makes him the best owner in the league.

2 people like this

I knew when I wrote it that people would criticize me for pointing out the past. Don't get me wrong, it is great he was considerate of the guy and he has done other things in the community and for Wofford and the list goes on. I don't dispute he is philanthropic and can be very considerate. But there are two sides to JR. One side is the guy who makes time to go to a funeral, the other side is the business guy firing his own sons. I just don't think that makes him the best owner in the league.

Maybe one thing you should think about is, if it wasn't for him, there would be no Carolina Panthers. Come on man.

Maybe one thing you should think about is, if it wasn't for him, there would be no Carolina Panthers. Come on man.

If it wasn't for us, he wouldn't have a stadium or a team either.

His sons weren't getting the job done, and he realized he was going to have to move on. Would you want a team owner who stuck with things that weren't working for the sake of peoples' feelings? It's not as if he is Al Davis firing everyone the year after they are hired and then wondering why he can't find anyone worth a damn. He's made mistakes but he's done a lot more good than bad as a team owner, and don't even get me started on what he's done for the league itself.

You are dead wrong, frankly.

p55 is actually right calling jr the best in the league is like a kid thinking their dad is the bestest in the whole world...

as a person he is class but from a fan's poiny of view there are owners that dont put buisness before the team.

The team has a bright future because of those very decisions. He's not infallible but he surely knows how to run any franchise better than any of the armchair self made owners of nfl teams that post here.

But, but...the shareholders...

Most owners take some time out to do kind-hearted gestures, or anything considered charitable or humanitarian. Richardson isn't the first owner to go out of his way. If anybody in here is saying this is why Richardson is the best owner in the NFL, it's just ad hoc reasoning for their bias given the fact that he owns the team they personally hold near and dear to themselves.

3 people like this

I love the Panthers because I love the Panthers! Intellectually, I know that the two aren't mutually exclusive, but I can make an argument that a shareholder is a bastardized fan.