#16 CatofWar

CatofWar

Join, or Die

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,324 posts
  • LocationGitmo

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

But have you gone to ones where you didn't know the deceased? I know I haven't.

Yup. Tripping balls on LSD. Still have no idea how I left there holding a 2 liter of faygo.

#17 Lomez

Lomez

Simple 'N Plain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Love the Big Cat. My girl and I ran into him and his wife at Phillips Place movie theater a few months ago. He was nice enough to stop and make small talk with us for a few minutes when he could've just waved and kept walking.

#18 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

I think it was great he went to a funeral of a PSL owner who he didn't know personally but did pay him money to help build the stadium. I don't know what that had to do with how he acted in 2010 which set the team so far back we are still recovering from it. I wonder if guys he cut like Hoover thinks he is a great guy.

#19 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,678 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

i remember most fans were bad mouthing Richardson two years ago.
Even calling him heartless.

Some people just have no clue.

Not really. "Cheap bastard", maybe. But that was business.

#20 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

I think it was great he went to a funeral of a PSL owner who he didn't know personally but did pay him money to help build the stadium. I don't know what that had to do with how he acted in 2010 which set the team so far back we are still recovering from it. I wonder if guys he cut like Hoover thinks he is a great guy.

Why would Hoov say anything bad about the Big Cat? He had a great career here and towards the end started dealing with injuries.

It's pretty clear that 2010 was about getting ready for a Panthers team without John Fox and take advantage of a situation that let him get rid of multiple bad contracts. Even though it set us back it, also lead to us drafting what could be the individual who shapes this franchise for years to come.

Every time I've talked to Mr. Richardson, I come away with the impression that he honestly does care about the fans and isn't at all in it for the money or prestige like some owners. he's not perfect but I wouldn't have anyone else.

#21 Raskle

Raskle

Huddle Rogue

• HUDDLER
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Ehh.. business is business. Hoov should have understood... and still can like the owner.

I'm proud of our owner, and have always supported his three strikes stance when it comes to players. Wouldn't trade JR for anyone else in the league, even if it did take him too long to put the Panther emblem on the field ;)

Think about it... we could have Big Cat, or an owner like that schmuck in Dallas. I'll take the class that is JR any day of the week, thank you very much.

#22 beastson52

beastson52

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationEl Paso Tx

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

Yup. Tripping balls on LSD. Still have no idea how I left there holding a 2 liter of faygo.

Lmao.... I had to google what "faygo" was....

#23 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

Funny how quickly every one forgest the 2-14 debaucle that clearly was JR's creation. And frankly he was dead wrong. He blew up the team expecting a long holdout well into the 2011 season which never happened. While all that is ancient history, he is surely not the best owner in the league and a few nice moments doesn't erase the way he gutted the team. We are still feeling the effects as we speak.

#24 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,678 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

P-55, I played around with the idea, but you actually "went there".

Come on, dude, this is a feel good thread. Kumbaya, brother!

#25 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

Funny how quickly every one forgest the 2-14 debaucle that clearly was JR's creation. And frankly he was dead wrong. He blew up the team expecting a long holdout well into the 2011 season which never happened. While all that is ancient history, he is surely not the best owner in the league and a few nice moments doesn't erase the way he gutted the team. We are still feeling the effects as we speak.

Amazing.

#26 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I do hope you're joking.

#27 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

I knew when I wrote it that people would criticize me for pointing out the past. Don't get me wrong, it is great he was considerate of the guy and he has done other things in the community and for Wofford and the list goes on. I don't dispute he is philanthropic and can be very considerate. But there are two sides to JR. One side is the guy who makes time to go to a funeral, the other side is the business guy firing his own sons. I just don't think that makes him the best owner in the league.

#28 CollegePanther

CollegePanther

President

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

I knew when I wrote it that people would criticize me for pointing out the past. Don't get me wrong, it is great he was considerate of the guy and he has done other things in the community and for Wofford and the list goes on. I don't dispute he is philanthropic and can be very considerate. But there are two sides to JR. One side is the guy who makes time to go to a funeral, the other side is the business guy firing his own sons. I just don't think that makes him the best owner in the league.

Maybe one thing you should think about is, if it wasn't for him, there would be no Carolina Panthers. Come on man.

#29 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,455 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:39 PM

Maybe one thing you should think about is, if it wasn't for him, there would be no Carolina Panthers. Come on man.

If it wasn't for us, he wouldn't have a stadium or a team either.

#30 Brandon

Brandon

Everything and Nothing

• HUDDLER
  • 2,296 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

His sons weren't getting the job done, and he realized he was going to have to move on. Would you want a team owner who stuck with things that weren't working for the sake of peoples' feelings? It's not as if he is Al Davis firing everyone the year after they are hired and then wondering why he can't find anyone worth a damn. He's made mistakes but he's done a lot more good than bad as a team owner, and don't even get me started on what he's done for the league itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.