#31 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,306 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:18 AM

I think 400+ would be a good season for him because I think LaFell and Olsen will both have breakout seasons which will take some production away from Murphy.

However I think Murphy could possibly put up five touchdowns, cause I think he will be a huge red zone threat.

#32 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:40 AM

Watching this guy run and land after jumping is painful.

Why are his knees so close together, and why do his feet always point outward like that? Legs aren't supposed to look like they're about to snap sideways.

Bad sign, in my opinion. That's probably one reason why he's not as explosive as he should be. You can't be when your knees are bending in two different directions.

#33 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,321 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:24 AM

I think a lot of people are writing Gettis off.

37 Rec , 508 yrds, and 3 Tds.

Now those arent great numbers, but if trending up they are. Add the fact his QBs that year were Clausen, Moore, and St. Pierre.

Lefell last year with Cam As QB had 36 Recs, 613 Yrds, and 3 tds.

*edit: Gettis also had Davidson as Oc. There is also that.

#34 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

Now those arent great numbers, but if trending up they are. Add the fact his QBs that year were Clausen, Moore, and St. Pierre.

Based on the two YouTube videos I've seen of Murphy, I'd rather have Gettis.

#35 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,810 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

He can play.
I'm not 100% sure why they shipped him off.

me either..........got to be damaged goods.

I can't ever remember the Raiders making a bad personal move.

#36 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:38 AM

I don't like him wearing 83, reminds me of Colbert...

#37 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,733 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Watching this guy run and land after jumping is painful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOXzwHpczg

Why are his knees so close together, and why do his feet always point outward like that? Legs aren't supposed to look like they're about to snap sideways.

Bad sign, in my opinion. That's probably one reason why he's not as explosive as he should be. You can't be when your knees are bending in two different directions.

Ohh Jesus, here you go again. You rambled like a goober all last year about how Olsen doesn't run right, and now I can see you're going to be doing it again with Murphy.

#38 jasonluckydog

jasonluckydog

Never go full retard

• ALL-PRO
  • 13,288 posts
  • LocationGATOR CREEK- SC

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:59 AM

Gettis has that 2nd speed after the catch pretty amazing..

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

i think his getting put on the pup list and being a huge question mark for the season has to do more with him getting "written off" or, more accurately, becoming an afterthought.

#40 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:22 PM

Ohh Jesus, here you go again. You rambled like a goober all last year about how Olsen doesn't run right, and now I can see you're going to be doing it again with Murphy.

Olsen was a disappointment last season. I don't care what the "NUMBERS" suggest, Shockey was much better.

#41 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Olsen was a disappointment last season. I don't care what the "NUMBERS" suggest, Shockey was much better.

How dare you speak of Olsen that way. Greg is practically our #3 receiver and his presence in our offense is irreplaceable.

it's all about the 'U'

#42 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 08:36 PM

How dare you speak of Olsen that way. Greg is practically our #3 receiver and his presence in our offense is irreplaceable.

it's all about the 'U'

I don't care what he is, Shockey was a better player last year, regardless of the overall numbers for each. Touch Olsen and he'll either drop the pass, or immediately go down on contact. Shockey fought tackles, and played with fire. Olsen would've NEVER made that catch that Shockey did against the Bears where 3 Bears hit him at the same time.

Olsen's soft, and stiff. If he had Shockey's heart and physicality, he'd be a perennial Pro Bowler.

#43 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

I don't care what he is, Shockey was a better player last year, regardless of the overall numbers for each. Touch Olsen and he'll either drop the pass, or immediately go down on contact. Shockey fought tackles, and played with fire. Olsen would've NEVER made that catch that Shockey did against the Bears where 3 Bears hit him at the same time.

Olsen's soft, and stiff. If he had Shockey's heart and physicality, he'd be a perennial Pro Bowler.

Some great words to describe one of our teammates. I'll remember this post when Olsen is shredding the secondary like always.

#44 ubecool454

ubecool454

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

How did you guys end up with Murphy. I sure was hoping the Texans could bring him to Houston. He is a great edition to the Panthers receiving corps.

#45 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

How did you guys end up with Murphy. I sure was hoping the Texans could bring him to Houston. He is a great edition to the Panthers receiving corps.

we essentially traded Jeff Otah to the Jets for a 7th, and then traded a 7th for Murphy. But the other way around, you get the point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com