I get your point and agree :)

#17 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,825 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:02 AM

I think it's in the superpacs' back pocket. Saving it for a rainy day.

We won't see it unless the president is in real trouble, I think.

#18 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,491 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

I agree it's the lunatic fringe, but unfortunately I think there are more people that make up this lunatic fringe than many like to admit (likely in both parties). I mean if 11% of Americans surveyed identify themselves as Republican while also thinking that Obama is as Muslim (17% * .64 percent of people who think Obama is a muslim and identify themselves as Republican), and 26% of survey respondents identified themselves as Republican (regardless of view on Obama), that is a very disturbing percentage of Republican respondents who think Obama is a Muslim. I'm sure there are other categories where Democrats identify themselves with idiotic ideas too(like the Bush responsible for 911 bit) so while I am using Republican/Obama-Muslim stuff as an example, I think that these issues with radicals on the fringe are present for both parties.

Do you think that lunatic fringe actually influences the party? That is how it felt with the widespread push in the Republican party of hardline social conservatives recently. Is that a problem? Something to be worried about at all if you are a Dem or Republican? Or not?

#19 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,415 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

I agree it's the lunatic fringe, but unfortunately I think there are more people that make up this lunatic fringe than many like to admit (likely in both parties).
Do you think that lunatic fringe actually influences the party? That is how it felt with the widespread push in the Republican party of hardline social conservatives recently. Is that a problem? Something to be worried about at all if you are a Dem or Republican? Or not?

Completely agree.

#20 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,690 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

I think the election will come down to whether or not people think Obama is a fraud. Someone who says great things, but has no clue how or experience in ever accomplishing those things.

If they think, "he is a good guy", that will only go so far. If they lose confidence in his effectiveness, then they will go for someone else. Neither of their religious views will matter.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

This is all bullshit, many of you have brought up Reverend Wright over the years and now you are trying to point to "fringe people" to try and distance yourselves. Grow up.

#22 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:46 PM

On the question of eternal damnation, evangelicals don't consider Mormons to be Christian. That alone should take Romney out of the running for President of the USA. Unless you think the current President is a Muslim or even worse, black!

http://www.latimes.c...0,1606972.story

Posted Image

http://content.usato...amas-religion/1

I would guess that any preference for the Mormon or Christian religion is not a game changer for most Independents and Democrats. The only ones that might be primarily guided by religious affiliation are the evangelicals and they think President Obama is the devil. So there really isn't any benefit to playing this card for either camp.

I dont care what somebody comes out on TV and tells me. Obama is a Muslim.

-He was raised in Indonesia, grew up attending a madrassa that preaches to hate America and 'the west'

-He idolizes his muslim father

-He doesnt support Israel (which is the ONLY thing I like about him)

-He bowed down to the Saudi royalty.

-And he is destroying secular governments in the Middle East and replacing them with Muslim Brotherhood extremeists. WHY?

So no, I dont believe that Obama is a Christian just because some sleazy politician on TV told me that he is.

I believe that he doesnt really practice religion, like most people in the world, but Islam is the religion he was raised around, and it is the religion that he personally identifies himself with, even if he doesnt practice himself.

#23 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

Admit it. You're a Saints* fan.

#24 chris999

chris999

• HUDDLER
  • 5,023 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

Admit it. You're a Saints** fan.

Who me? haha

I usually dont start posting in the panthers section until training camp starts. I dont particularly care to read about what our players do in their personal lives, only what they do on the football field.

I just dont post here much anymore, because I just got fed up with people here in the tinderbox that seem like mindless zombies.

Most of them are slaves to ideologies, and dont even pay attention to what is going on in the real world. They refuse to wake up, and I dont have anything interesting to learn from people who just repeat their republican punchlines and catchphrases 24/7. I prefer to conversate with people who think for themselves, and have "woken up" to the real world around them.

#25 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,052 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

The one where Obama is replacing foreign governments on his own?

#26 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,276 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

I dont care what somebody comes out on TV and tells me. Obama is a Muslim.

-He was raised in Indonesia, grew up attending a madrassa that preaches to hate America and 'the west'

-He idolizes his muslim father

-He doesnt support Israel (which is the ONLY thing I like about him)

-He bowed down to the Saudi royalty.

-And he is destroying secular governments in the Middle East and replacing them with Muslim Brotherhood extremeists. WHY?

So no, I dont believe that Obama is a Christian just because some sleazy politician on TV told me that he is.

I believe that he doesnt really practice religion, like most people in the world, but Islam is the religion he was raised around, and it is the religion that he personally identifies himself with, even if he doesnt practice himself.

I find it puzzling/amusing/disappointing and ironic that President Obama in the run up to the last Presidential election was harshly criticized for the church he attended and its presiding Minister's views. It is well documented he attended that church for most of his adult life and now almost four years later is considered (by some) to be something other than a Christian.

A then 26-year-old Barack Obama walked down the aisle of Chicago's Trinity United Church of Christ, knelt beneath a cross suspended from its rafters and, as he later explained it, committed himself to God after years as a religious skeptic.

In those early days at the self-described "unashamedly black" church, the future Democratic presidential candidate was moved to tears by a sermon from its activist pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr., whom he has portrayed as his spiritual mentor.

http://www.cbsnews.c...62-2588082.html

#27 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,276 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 03:18 PM

A 2007 poll by public policy polling found that 27% of those who identified themselves as liberals believed that Bush had advance knowledge of 9-11 or even planned it. Thats worse than believing Obama is a secret muslim, although both are equally ridiculous. Overall, only about 14% of americans believe that Bush planned or knew of the attacks.

Both sides of the political spectrum have their lunatic fringe.

Could you provide a link to that poll? Thanks in advance.

Nanuq

#28 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

I agree it's the lunatic fringe, but unfortunately I think there are more people that make up this lunatic fringe than many like to admit (likely in both parties). I mean if 11% of Americans surveyed identify themselves as Republican while also thinking that Obama is as Muslim (17% * .64 percent of people who think Obama is a muslim and identify themselves as Republican), and 26% of survey respondents identified themselves as Republican (regardless of view on Obama), that is a very disturbing percentage of Republican respondents who think Obama is a Muslim. I'm sure there are other categories where Democrats identify themselves with idiotic ideas too(like the Bush responsible for 911 bit) so while I am using Republican/Obama-Muslim stuff as an example, I think that these issues with radicals on the fringe are present for both parties.

Some impact yes, although perhaps not enough to worry about. I think the fringe has more of an impact on the campaign than it does on how the government works, at least for now. The fear I have is that the fringe will grow in numbers, especially if the economy continues to muddle along.

#29 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,592 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:12 PM

Could you provide a link to that poll? Thanks in advance.

Nanuq

Unfortunately, the poll itself is no longer available, But here is a link to an article about the poll. And its a pretty good article, albeit one that is brief and more than two years old.

#30 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,491 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

I have a very hard time believing 14% of Americans think Bush planned 9-11, wtf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com