Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Romney is apparently also kind of an idiot foreign policy wise

79 posts in this topic

Posted

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."

- David Cameron responds

Posted

Maybe Cameron would have been better prepared if he was also a lobbyist for the Games there.

Posted

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/27/mitt-romney-arab-spring_n_1710038.html

Here's Mitts foreign policy for the Middle East: More Bush. I mean, what could go wrong?

Posted

Weakest republican candidate since Dole.

Vs the weakest Democratic Candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1980.

Posted

lol not hardly

Obama landslide coming

Posted

Vs the weakest Democratic Candidate since Jimmy Carter in 1980.

Dukakis fan are ya?

Posted

Who was weaker? Mondale maybe, but thats about it. But that was more due to Reagan's strength than Mondale's weakness.

Obama's average approval ratings for his first term are the lowest of any president since Jimmy Carter. His biggest accomplishments on the domestic front are that the economy didn't fall off a cliff and the passage of a extremely divisive health care package. That is the definition of a weak candidate.

Posted

Dukakis fan are ya?

Doesn't matter if I was a fan or not. Was Dukakis a weak candidate? Personally I think he just got rolled up in a republican wave that lasted 12 years. And Bush senior was a strong candidate in 88.

Posted

As opposed to what? Tax cuts for the rich and an unpaid Medicare drug benefit? Simply hanging out during the Internet boom? Inspiring speeches while creating modern government deficit spending?

Not having the economy falling off a cliff is really not a bad thing.

Posted

As opposed to what? Tax cuts for the rich and an unpaid Medicare drug benefit? Simply hanging out during the Internet boom? Inspiring speeches while creating modern government deficit spending?

Not having the economy falling off a cliff is really not a bad thing.

You are talking about policies, and I agree with some aspects, disagree with others. But those are generally not the issues that make a candidate a strong candidate. Obama is a weak and vulnerable candidate. That is why the election is going to be very close. He may win, in fact as I have said before, he will likely win. But that doesn't mean he is a strong candidate, especially for an encumbent.

If Obama does indeed win, he will likely be the first winning encumbent to have a lower vote total in both the popular and electoral college in over a 100 years.

Posted

"We are holding an Olympic Games in one of the busiest, most active, bustling cities anywhere in the world. Of course it's easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere."

- David Cameron responds

But didn't they ASK for the Olympics? No one forced it on them, for certain.

Posted

olympic-venn-share.jpeg