• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#31 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,024 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

I don't necessarily disagree, and some of Obama's weaknesses are not necessarily his fault. But that still doesn't make for a strong candidate.

#32 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:39 PM

I do get what you are saying. Health care reform actually is the biggest single accomplishment of any President of the last 30 years at least (Nixon getting out of Vietnam was really big but kind of forced upon him), as evidenced by the continued craziness surrounding it. But it's such a big idea that people really have not gotten their heads around it other than the controversy. It would have been great to wait until the economy was in a better place to do it - but then the chances of it getting done at a later date would have been close to zero once again. Haters gonna hate but Obama spent his political capital on something he truly believed was needed to be done, something that a lot of people are convinced politicians never do.

#33 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

Perhaps a cute little midwestern accent will help get him through these trying times.

Posted Image

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,959 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:59 PM

Weakest republican candidate since Dole.

And Obama has been the worst President since Carter. What's your point?

#35 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,081 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:00 PM

I missed the part where they were already a failure.

The point is you'll have a few more hiccups when you deal with a major international megalopolis as opposed to a desert backwater.

I missed the part where I said anything about anything being a failure.

#36 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

In your opinion, which is fair, but he has accomplished a hell of a lot with an obstructionist congress whose only focus is voting against anything the President offers, and with blatently no regard to the peoples wishes...case in point, women working for equal wages....no my friend Regan was the worst President since Carter, that whole trickle down economic theory your team has been spewing for years is a bunch of crap. Hasn't worked, won't work

#37 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

He gave a hell of a speech though, that must count for something.

#38 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

He gave a hell of a speech though, that must count for something.

That is easily the best thing about President Reagan. He could give a great speech. His administration had the balls to get out in front of an issue. To lead the American public where they wanted them to go.

The American people and Congress could be opposed to legislation that the Reagan Administration favored and it would seem destine to fail. Then, just before the vote, President Reagan would get on national TV and sway the public in his favor and Congress would cave to the public response.

No President since Reagan has had that ability. President Obama is extremely bad at swaying public opinion because he tends to cave/compromise before any discussions even begin with opponents.

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

Lmao

#40 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Posted Image

#41 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,961 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

In your opinion, which is fair, but he has accomplished a hell of a lot with an obstructionist congress whose only focus is voting against anything the President offers, and with blatently no regard to the peoples wishes...case in point, women working for equal wages....no my friend Regan was the worst President since Carter, that whole trickle down economic theory your team has been spewing for years is a bunch of crap. Hasn't worked, won't work

while no fan of Regan, had he kept status quo and followed Carter's blueprint for an economy i highly doubt you are typing on the internet right now. typewriter maybe.

he had NO choice but to alter the way the US economy was operating. as for health care. getting it passed is only a political success. in 5 years or so, if it stays intact, we will then know if it was a "success".

#42 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

while no fan of Regan, had he kept status quo and followed Carter's blueprint for an economy i highly doubt you are typing on the internet right now. typewriter maybe.

he had NO choice but to alter the way the US economy was operating. as for health care. getting it passed is only a political success. in 5 years or so, if it stays intact, we will then know if it was a "success".

Seriously, I thought better of you, than a personal attack, not sure where that came from, I've always respected your opinions no matter whether I agree with them or not. That being said your teams blue- print has been a return to reagnaomics for years, and as I said it didn't work then and won't work now. You and your team constantly make excuses for the mistakes of the past. Unlike the republicans now, I am not functioning with blinders (was a Republican until Bush II) I can blame both parties for the situation we are in (by the way I am a Black Man which makes me more of an anomoly) I have no problem bringing Clinton into the conversation (NAFTA) as well I have no problem including Bush I and Bush II in their overt attempts to capitulate to the demands of China, Taiwan, etc in their efforts to evicerate manufacturing within good ole Merica". And last but not least , and most defintely Reagan, the founder of trickle down, let's make the rich richer and to hell with the poor, the idol of the Publican part. Let's be honest here, the Reagan era set our country on a pathway that has proved conclusively that Americans are lemmings. Since Reagan, we vote based on fear rather than on fact, we (the middle class) vote constantly to support the rights of big business and big individual investors in hopes that by making them successful will hopefully enrich our lives. Hell trickle down economics really stiflles growth for small business, why, because trickle down economics provides choice, who do I choose, not really a about the merits of the busines but rather the connection to the have. Please, do we really believe the sewage that is spun to us, I can tell you that among new small business owners (one's that have opened sine 95') that I know, that garbage is not bought. Sorry this is so long, but I am getting tired of the Kool-Aide, bottom line is both parties are shitty, but the idea that this President somehow is causing the downfall of America is bull-poo....just saying

#43 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,322 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

that was one of the best tinderbox posts ever.

#44 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,961 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

personal attack? HUH??

#45 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches