#46 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,324 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

put the over reacting horse back in the barn man. im hardly a rep. again, it's down right silly the very nano second someone says something counter to someones post it just has to mean they vote for the opposing party all the time. critical thinking much?

#47 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,970 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Seriously, I thought better of you, than a personal attack, not sure where that came from, I've always respected your opinions no matter whether I agree with them or not.

Where is the personal attack?

#48 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts
  • Locationwhatcha worried about it for

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

put the over reacting horse back in the barn man. im hardly a rep. again, it's down right silly the very nano second someone says something counter to someones post it just has to mean they vote for the opposing party all the time. critical thinking much?

So, you consider my response to your quote an over-reaction.....okay, that's fair but aren't you currently in an issue with a large business that is causing you an issue that you do not feel is in your favor....trickle down economics... do you want to continue...

#49 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

Where is the personal attack?

Personal attack is I am typing on a typewriter, I.E. I am out of touch with reality that doesn't extend beyond the 80's. Our if your prefer, my views our outdate, our if you prefer, I am not for whatever reason not in touch with current reality, for some reason I know nothing of current affairs. Like I said, he and I, even though politics may not necessarily be congruent, have always respected each others opinion. That comment was something different. To put it into perspective, I don't always agree with you politically, but I am not going to say to you that you are out of touch, I acknowledge your opinion and if we have a disagreement, then it is what it is, you have the right to your beliefs, without making mine seem cooky our out of touch.......does that make sense to you (no disrespect, just asking)

#50 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,324 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

keep your eye on the ball. personal attack and big banks and trickle down are two lanes.

to stay in the trickle down lane. has not the US GDP grown in the last 30 years? Do we not have more billionaires and millionaires than ever before? Do not more African Americans have an increase in home ownership as well as net worth?
in a democracy, there is a winner and a loser. also in the last 30 years this notion of everybody gets a trophy has also not served us so well.
by no means does trickle down get off scot free. it has it's foils like any other system. i do not think you wish to debate me on anything Keynesian or monetarist or why the S&P oscillator or baltic dry index are turned on their ears nowadays.

i would venture that ceo pay, while insane, is more of a product of greed on the ceo's part and shareholders having a very very myopic view of balance sheets and online statements.

so money supply issues and junk and stupid % in the early 80's caused so much drama that a nice paradigm had to happen. ask Clinton if he appreciates supply side verses just raising taxes.
then, yawn, there is JFK who the Reps may try to lump with Regan on supply side and usually overlook the Keynesian multiplier effect his team used.

The argument is tri fold. Do you let the govt put the money in the hands of biz to stimulate the economy or the people? Or do you put more money in the govt? Of course not on that.

The supply side now is jobs. The lack of that supply is such a heavy drag overall that most politicans are too lazy to slowly job growth your way out of a recession. More workers equal more payroll taxes equal more spenders equal more taxes(are you keeping up with this?) and yada yada yada.

#51 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,153 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:33 PM

lol come on

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,324 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:34 PM

Personal attack is I am typing on a typewriter, I.E. I am out of touch with reality that doesn't extend beyond the 80's. Our if your prefer, my views our outdate, our if you prefer, I am not for whatever reason not in touch with current reality, for some reason I know nothing of current affairs. Like I said, he and I, even though politics may not necessarily be congruent, have always respected each others opinion. That comment was something different. To put it into perspective, I don't always agree with you politically, but I am not going to say to you that you are out of touch, I acknowledge your opinion and if we have a disagreement, then it is what it is, you have the right to your beliefs, without making mine seem cooky our out of touch.......does that make sense to you (no disrespect, just asking)

the typewriter comment is illuminating the point of had there NOT been some kind of paradigm shift in the economy, there is a good chance growth would have been stunted to the point where you are just typing on an old typewriter. not a knock on your views being old or what you can afford.

#53 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 15,970 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:42 PM

I thought it was a reference to technological advancements that occurred under Reagan and Carter.

#54 beach

beach

|-~~-~-~|

• HUDDLER
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:53 PM

Didn't see the personal comment thing but heard something I liked in that sagpanth response:

On one side, you get people's ability to access product not based on its business of origin but type...so you have trickle down economics which in effect allows larger conglomerates to cover larger spreads of a market eliminating and distorting the local realm. Basically, the illusion of choice is reduced to product variations rather than where you can actually buy it. Half of their lobbyists don't match up with their pubic marketplace image so the lawyers... I mean politicians...I mean actors end up looking like idiots most of the time. It makes for entitled, stupid, and overly self-indulgent nation imo.

On the other I see the implementation of a trampoline like program horribly run and with major lobby interests dictating the marketplace which is of course on both sides and ruining this nation. They are pussies who easily weasel their way around and behind the scenes making the more independent/"get the fug off my property" types all bent out of shape.

I'd rather keep fixing what we are working towards changing rather than hitting another 1955 refresh button v.3 especially given the people in charge on both sides.

#55 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,324 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:59 PM

networking at any company is a microcosm of the US. its not what you know or what you can produce. its who you know and hang with.
i would love to do a docu on American companies and just totally dissect either neopotism or cronyism or even the unintended consequences of diversity. while im all for that, i have seen far too many times either of the aforementioned group get moved up the food chain and the overall detriment of the company.
it happens day in and day out.

#56 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Didn't see the personal comment thing but heard something I liked in that sagpanth response:

On one side, you get people's ability to access product not based on its business of origin but type...so you have trickle down economics which in effect allows larger conglomerates to cover larger spreads of a market eliminating and distorting the local realm. Basically, the illusion of choice is reduced to product variations rather than where you can actually buy it. Half of their lobbyists don't match up with their pubic marketplace image so the lawyers... I mean politicians...I mean actors end up looking like idiots most of the time. It makes for entitled, stupid, and overly self-indulgent nation imo.

On the other I see the implementation of a trampoline like program horribly run and with major lobby interests dictating the marketplace which is of course on both sides and ruining this nation. They are pussies who easily weasel their way around and behind the scenes making the more independent/"get the fug off my property" types all bent out of shape.

I'd rather keep fixing what we are working towards changing rather than hitting another 1955 refresh button v.3 especially given the people in charge on both sides.

spot on

#57 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

I thought it was a reference to technological advancements that occurred under Reagan and Carter.

I'll accept that, and respect your POV, but I would also counter that he and I have exchanged some personal ideology in the course of conversation that made that a little more personal. I actually count him among one of my friends so when we argue it is what it is... he just didn't need what I percieved as a personal comment the added extra to prove his point..and for what it is worth he still is a friend as I hope you are. Diversity and differnent view points within the people you engage in conversation with only increase understanding,and tolerance, wouldn't you agree?

#58 Iceberg Slim

Iceberg Slim

Keep it 100

• HUDDLER
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

networking at any company is a microcosm of the US. its not what you know or what you can produce. its who you know and hang with.
i would love to do a docu on American companies and just totally dissect either neopotism or cronyism or even the unintended consequences of diversity. while im all for that, i have seen far too many times either of the aforementioned group get moved up the food chain and the overall detriment of the company.
it happens day in and day out.

BTW, it was unfair of me to comment on the "big business" scenario. I have wished you the best throughout and it was out of place for me to comment on it in that fashion...that being said, I still respectfully disagree with you on most of your views, but that is okay I still respect your opinion.

#59 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,324 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:19 PM

do you understand my typewriter comment though?

#60 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,902 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

I think the big thing Reagan always did was stand his ground. You know, like in Lebenon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.