• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 BuckNaked

BuckNaked

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:39 AM

So this is my first time posting a topic, I have been a member for a while but seldomly even respond to post. I use it more as a source for info than anything else, but I thought this was necessary info to relay. My brother is a volunteer fireman in Pineville and he sent me a text message earlier today asking me to guess who was hanging out at the fire dept. That is damn near a loaded question considering all the people they end up helping. It could have been any local celebrity. To my surprise it was DeAngelo. Apparently one of the firemen that volunteer there did him a favor and fixed his segway for training camp and he ended up hanging out at the fire dept. with them for over an hour. They talked about all kinds of things, not much including football which i understand. I'm sure anyone here that works there ass off all the time doesn't want to talk about there job all day. The one thing that made me think a little more about the situation is the fact that he just showed up to hang out with these guys because one of them did him a favor. Not because he was paid to be there or any other reason. He did it because he felt like he should. We have been ripping this man for over a year about his contract and how he was over paid, but then I hear a story like this and it makes me realize that this man is not only a running back that averages over 5 yards a carry for his NFL carrier but also a hell of a person. We need more players like this and i'm sorry if they come at a slight premium, it is going to be worth it in the locker room.

#2 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:42 AM

Hell with all of that money he should have at least bought them a new truck

#3 Mr. Burgundy

Mr. Burgundy

scotch, scotch, scotch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:31 AM

Lol Flavor explosion!

#4 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:43 AM

I have not a single doubt about DW & i am sure he is a real nice guy.
His face "speak" for himself anyway.

#5 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:25 AM

Yep, DWill is a good feller.

I expect him to have a monster year.

#6 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:07 AM

I never got why anyone would rip him for getting paid. If it was any of us, we'd be laughing all the way to the bank. It would be one thing if he was a d-bag, or a bad team mate, of a problem child off the field, but he's none of those things. If there's anything wrong with the contract he got (and I'm not sure there is - Hurney, to me, seems to do a pretty good job in this regard on the whole) that responsibility rests with the suits. As a a RB, Deangelo has a finite shelf life even with us utilizing a two-back system. All things being equal, I have no problem with the man getting paid.

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:16 AM

I never got why anyone would rip him for getting paid.

Its the internet, every second people with zero clue chime in on things they think they are expert in.

#8 Cape Fear Cat

Cape Fear Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:23 AM

JUst curious, Zod - I'm on the air at the radio station I work for at this time of morning. But why would a suave, debonair man about town like you be up before the cock crows? I would've figured you for a 10am with an espresso eye-opeber kind of guy. :)

#9 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:34 AM

I'm up at 5am every day working on photography work flows.

There is some actual work behind shooting half naked women for a living.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,954 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:48 AM

Morning Wood

I think I'm guilty asant are of focusing not on the players as people enough and often get wrapped up in my own little GM fiefdom

Good for him

#11 PantherPhann89

PantherPhann89

CPP "Carolina Panther Phann"

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,283 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:18 AM

Yes, D Will is a good dude.

#12 Rip Saw

Rip Saw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:25 AM

Jimmy clausen is kind to dogs and crippled children.

#13 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:10 AM

DWill has consistently been one of the most fan accessible players that the Panthers have ever had.

#14 TruCatzFan

TruCatzFan

Phil 4:13

• HUDDLER
  • 6,470 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

This is definitely not a surprise to me. DeAngelo and J-Stew are two of the most down to earth "rich folk" I have ever met.

Winning cures everything, even the Huddle. People won't have much to complain about this season...

#15 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,431 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

JUst curious, Zod - I'm on the air at the radio station I work for at this time of morning. But why would a suave, debonair man about town like you be up before the cock crows? I would've figured you for a 10am with an espresso eye-opeber kind of guy. :)

T-Bone.....is that you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com