Photo
- - - - -

Observer Training Camp Primer (Fluff Piece)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,653 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 27 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

http://www.charlotte...ining-camp.html

A year ago, the Panthers hurried into camp after the lockout, introduced themselves to new coach Ron Rivera and his staff then set about reshaping a franchise. Cam Newton was a curiosity. The offense was a work in progress. The expectations were uncertain.
This time, once they settle in and the full team hits the practice fields for the first time Saturday, so much has changed. While center Ryan Kalil’s published Super Bowl proclamation hangs in the hot summer air, the Panthers are healthy again and unabashedly optimistic.

Training camp begins with a multitude of questions. Here are five of the most important:

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,791 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:52 PM

Is Olindo Mare locked in as the kicker?

From the moment the Panthers released popular John Kasay last year and replaced him with Mare, there was an awkward feel.
Though Mare made 22-of-28 field goal attempts, it didn’t help that he missed a couple of crucial ones, including a 31-yard in a 24-21 loss to Minnesota that would have forced overtime.

The Panthers brought in Adi Kunalic in December to compete with Mare for the job which Mare kept. Kunalic is gone now but the Panthers signed free agent Justin Medlock to compete with Mare in training camp.

Though Medlock attempted just two field goals in 2007 for Kansas City, he has had a successful career in the Canadian Football League where he made 49 of 55 field goals last year for Hamilton.

i am enormously interested in seeing how this plays out. rivera clearly will not tolerate underperforming on this team. this will probably become one of the more intriguing battles throughout camp, and i wouldn't be at all surprised to see a couple of unusually long FG attempts during preseason to measure these guys.

Read more here: http://www.charlotte...l#storylink=cpy

#3 Guest_Bwood_*

Guest_Bwood_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:54 PM

such a boner kill when I woke up and thought there was going to be an actual practice today...

#4 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,066 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

Didn't even mention the CB battle, DT battle or WR depth behind Smith and LaFell.

Also, an article that points out flaws and things that need to be fixed hardly qualifies as a "fluff piece."

#5 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

Surprised there is not more training camp preview stuff in the observer. Maybe there will be something tomorrow or Sunday. Disappointing but unfortunately, very Predictable from the Observer.

#6 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,233 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I think smoking monkeys could come up with something better than this.

#7 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 10,041 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

I think smoking monkeys could come up with something better than this.

it was a bunch of smoking monkeys

#8 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,066 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

Amy Farrah Fowler had them strung out on cocaine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com