Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Advice for getting out of boa stadium w/o hitting traffic

38 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What's the trick here. Last year at the Vikings game the whole stadium stood in denial when mare Shankar that chip shot. We all left at the same time. I parked in the parking deck and it took an hour and a half just to get out of downtown WTF? So who has advice on a quick exit ? I will be headed back to Wilmington via 74/76

Posted · Report post

I've never had any problems like that... we usually stay afterwards a bit and chill... pick up some cups people leave (I've got like 200 Panthers cups now) and then head down.

I usually park over off of 4th street in a lot, and have never, ever sat in traffic (other than the fairly normal traffic on Indepedence).

Not sure which parking deck you're referring to, but my best advice is park a little farther away from the stadium and walk a bit... time you get to your car and go out, traffic will be gone.

Posted · Report post

When viewed from the freeway BoA doesn't really look very big. Rather small looking, actually.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1343490018' post='1838584']
When viewed from the freeway BoA doesn't really look very big. Rather small looking, actually.
[/quote]

What the hell does this have to do with traffic?
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='MrTouchdown' timestamp='1343490658' post='1838592']
What the hell does this have to do with traffic?
[/quote]That's the only thing I know about BoA really. Only ever seen it driving through.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1343490923' post='1838596']
That's the only thing I know about BoA really. Only ever seen it driving through.
[/quote]

Why the fug have you never been to a game if you live in Charlotte or the Charlotte area??

That makes me angry.

Posted · Report post

make sure you park about 10-15 min worth of walking distance away and you will have very little traffic. wont cost much, if anything, either.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1343491138' post='1838598']

Why the fug have you never been to a game if you live in Charlotte or the Charlotte area??

That makes me angry.
[/quote]I don't I live near Wilmington. I've passed through Charlotte a few times.

Posted · Report post

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/59/Md_helicopters_md-500e_g-sscl_arp.jpg/800px-Md_helicopters_md-500e_g-sscl_arp.jpg[/img]
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I don't usually have traffic problems. I park in the gravel lots on the west side of the stadium and leave on 77. I've found Charlotte to be one of the easier cities to drive in after a big event actually.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Dilated_chakra' timestamp='1343489466' post='1838572']
What's the trick here. Last year at the Vikings game the whole stadium stood in denial when mare Shankar that chip shot. We all left at the same time. I parked in the parking deck and it took an hour and a half just to get out of downtown WTF? So who has advice on a quick exit ? I will be headed back to Wilmington via 74/76
[/quote]

Park at a light rail station, take the train to the stadium, and take it back to your car after the game.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Argus Plexus' timestamp='1343491980' post='1838607']
I don't I live near Wilmington. I've passed through Charlotte a few times.
[/quote]

If I lived remotely close to BOA, I would at least make it to half the games. You haven't even been to one??