Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Training Camp - First Impressions

69 posts in this topic

Posted

Jared Green looked pretty solid as well. Clausen and Green hooked up for two really nice plays at the end of practice including one that went for a TD.

I would still say the six wide outs are Smith, LaFell, Gettis, Murphy, Adams, and Pilares but with Gettis on the PUP the other wide outs still have a fighting chance. I would say Ajirotutu, Green, and Edwards looked the best out of those that don't have a roster spot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice work as always Zod.

Posted

I see Pilares being converted to scat back. I don't think they are going to use his a true WR. There were reports that they were running a lot of plays for him out of the backfield. He was a running back at Hawaii in addition to WR.

Posted

One of the negatives I noticed was during the last few periods of practice. The skill players were doing their 7 on 7 drills and the o-line and d-line were doing pass pro drills. Silatolu was getting schooled in pass protection. Neblitt made him look silly on an inside swim move and he didn't seem to hold the point of attack very well. As an ex-offensive lineman, the defense has the upper hand in pass pro drills because they do not have to worry about playing the run. It's just a full on one-on-one pass rush versus past protection. Anyway, I expect him to get better but it was something that stuck out to me.

Posted

I see Pilares being converted to scat back. I don't think they are going to use his a true WR. There were reports that they were running a lot of plays for him out of the backfield. He was a running back at Hawaii in addition to WR.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Versatility is perhaps a leg up on a roster spot.

Posted

I would still say the six wide outs are Smith, LaFell, Gettis, Murphy, Adams, and Pilares but with Gettis on the PUP the other wide outs still have a fighting chance. I would say Ajirotutu, Green, and Edwards looked the best out of those that don't have a roster spot.

I would rather Tutu over Pilares. What does Pilares bring to the table that Adams doesn't? Everyone has been saying Adams replaces AE, but i think he replaces Pilares as well. And with Cam's tendency to throw the ball high, we need taller receivers that can go up and get them.

Posted

Could be right, there were quite a few end arounds yesterday. As far as running back goes, Williams and stewart took the nulk of the carries with Tobert getting a few carries and Tauren Poole receiua few carries.

One thing to note, Tauren Poole is fast and has great agility his cutback's are DeAngelo Williams esque.

Posted

The West Coast Panther fans appreciate this.

1 person likes this

Posted

God I'm excited for this season

1 person likes this

Posted

Also Zod is right about the media guides, they are a must have.

There is literally hours of stuff to look at in there, it kept me busy on my return trip to Raleigh from Spartanburg.

It has stats in there right down to special teams tackle's.

Posted

I would rather Tutu over Pilares. What does Pilares bring to the table that Adams doesn't? Everyone has been saying Adams replaces AE, but i think he replaces Pilares as well. And with Cam's tendency to throw the ball high, we need taller receivers that can go up and get them.

Right now Pilares is our best Kick Returner.

Posted

Could be right, there were quite a few end arounds yesterday. As far as running back goes, Williams and stewart took the nulk of the carries with Tobert getting a few carries and Tauren Poole receiua few carries.

One thing to note, Tauren Poole is fast and has great agility his cutback's are DeAngelo Williams esque.

Tauren Poole was no. 33 right? He looked good.