Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Panthers Training Camp - First Impressions

69 posts in this topic

Tutu showed some playmaking flashes in San Diego. I was a little disappointed that he didn't see the field at all last year.

You just like saying tutu

I like wearing them as well.

Yeah I thought he looked pretty good as well.

Thanks for the write up man. Very nice to see that and the pics. Does anyone know who was starting at DT? Im asuming Ron Edwards as one, but who was the other?

Looked like Terrel McClain

1 person likes this

Thats true, but I don't care. I just want production, not excuses.

agreed.....No Excuses!

nice job....looks like you brought the A game.

a little better than the "mediocre" coverage of the past......... ;)

1 person likes this

Jared Green looked pretty solid as well. Clausen and Green hooked up for two really nice plays at the end of practice including one that went for a TD.

I would still say the six wide outs are Smith, LaFell, Gettis, Murphy, Adams, and Pilares but with Gettis on the PUP the other wide outs still have a fighting chance. I would say Ajirotutu, Green, and Edwards looked the best out of those that don't have a roster spot.

1 person likes this

Nice work as always Zod.

I see Pilares being converted to scat back. I don't think they are going to use his a true WR. There were reports that they were running a lot of plays for him out of the backfield. He was a running back at Hawaii in addition to WR.

One of the negatives I noticed was during the last few periods of practice. The skill players were doing their 7 on 7 drills and the o-line and d-line were doing pass pro drills. Silatolu was getting schooled in pass protection. Neblitt made him look silly on an inside swim move and he didn't seem to hold the point of attack very well. As an ex-offensive lineman, the defense has the upper hand in pass pro drills because they do not have to worry about playing the run. It's just a full on one-on-one pass rush versus past protection. Anyway, I expect him to get better but it was something that stuck out to me.

• To me this off-season it makes the most since to keep CAP or Foz if it comes down to those two. CAP may be average, but that's as a 1st and 2nd down back which CMC, & Whit are not at this point from a full time perspective.  CAP is the best option to maintain a physical runner in the event (likely-hood) Stewart has to miss a couple games as he tends to each season.  I think it's common sense at this point. If we look at Stewart for what he is ''right now'' aside from pass protection there is not '' a lot'' that really separates him from CAP in my opinion, a few years ago it was a bigger gap, but at this point in Stewart's career he's becoming just a power runner, CAP is the closest we have to that. 
    • Dummy, come on man.    Rivera and DG tanked that game for a high pick. You guys know nothing about running a team.    The question now is, do we as huddles think you're a decent poster anymore. Answer is "no".  
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Evangellic