Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Panthers Training Camp - First Impressions

69 posts in this topic

When's he next practice?

Great job all powerful Zod. Keep up the good work.

Cannot friggin wait to get down there next Friday then attend Fan Fest on Saturday. Never have I been more excited to see a Panther team take the field. This is a special group.

I see Pilares being converted to scat back. I don't think they are going to use his a true WR. There were reports that they were running a lot of plays for him out of the backfield. He was a running back at Hawaii in addition to WR.

Wouldn't they have to switch his jersey number if he is listed as a RB on the roster?

Thanks Zod for the great write-up! I can always count on a realistic opinion/breakdown from you on the true pulse of the Panthers,

nice first-person active-voice present-tense commentary, i find that sort of style difficult to maneuver with. excellent piece zod

Wouldn't they have to switch his jersey number if he is listed as a RB on the roster?

He doesn't really line up like a traditional running back. And why would he, we have two of the best RBs in the league. What Pilares does is move around. Almost like that Aaron Hernandez run in the playoffs last year. Percy Harvin is another great example.

I'm hearing good things about Tauren Poole as well.

I think the RB's will be 1. Williams 2. Stewart 3. Poole, and Tolbert will play FB fulltime while taking snaps at #2 TE.

I could see Poole making the team but he would be inactive if all the other backs are healthy. We just don't run a ton of Fullback formations.